Monday, May 08, 2006

(Small) Talk about < 宝莲灯 >

[ 宝莲灯 ] is currently running in Channel 8, every Monday to Friday, from 7pm to 8pm. I’m not promoting it. There are many versions of it and I just want to make sure we are talking at the same ground.

Between [ 时装戏 ] and [ 古装戏 ], I admit that I have a “soft-spot” for the latter. Usually, I don’t feel as much if I were to miss an episode or two of some [ 时装戏 ], but erm… I will long for the next episode of a [ 古装戏 ] that I am following. I can’t really explain the trend. Never mind.

However, I don’t get the same feeling after watching a few random episodes of the
[ 宝莲灯 ]. I don’t think they depicted the deities correctly. All the deities are too humanized. But again, we are only human, how can we truly understand the thoughts of the deities?

I have seen other versions of
[ 宝莲灯 ], but they all put [ 二郎神 ] in quite a bad-light. Heh.. And dear [ 孝天犬 ] was to be despised (accordingly to the series). I don’t know [ 二郎神 ] and [ 孝天犬 ] personally (duh!), but I don’t think the portrayals are right.

Mm.. We can still learn something from the show though (I think). Just observe for yourself how [ 沉香 ] demonstrated [ 孝 ] . The bonding is indeed rather touching. Will we go that far, do that much for our parents? Okay, I hear that you say “yes”.


~ Bonding ~
I think this beautiful picture depicts the bonding between human relationship pretty well. Believe me, strong bonding doesn't come that "naturally", most (if not all) of the time. It takes effort on both sides. The one who understands it, starts first.


Back to the little point I am saying. I think it’s never really easy to understand the thinking of the many deities and the enlightened ones. Many times, we even misinterpreted their teachings. Other times, we even suspected their teachings. (Examples are left out purposely). Just ask ourselves, did we ever felt “strange” after reading a paragraph or two in the Bible or Scriptures? That is, we question their teaching. Questioning is good, but many choose to just interpret in some unfavourable ways and decided that this is not what they want. Would we miss out something then? I think it might be better to humble ourselves and seek clarification with the seniors (you find more comfortable with), rather than walking away from it. The truth might be there waiting for you.


- - - - - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

愤世不能救世,而若连一点愤世之热情都被冷漠心态取代者,将会成为被世间遗弃的人。
人生有多久,君子志气与生命同存。
振奋吧! 回头吧!莫让心魔魔了你又魔了你领导的千万人。

No comments: