Sunday, May 21, 2006

Want to Walk, Walk Big Big lah..

I wasn’t that much of a walker-lover actually. But since W asked me along, I gamely gave a “yes”. And there I was this morning1 near our national stadium, merging with the crowd participating in my first ever Big Walk.

For obvious reason, I wasn’t participating in the competitive category. I was just a fun-walker. How right! The crowd made it quite impossible to jog too, unless we were really in front together with those competitors. Haha..

We weren’t actually walking fast, okay just briskly maybe. Yet, we past a number of competitors2 despite starting off about 20 mins later. Yeah! But I have to admit, the walking experience was quite tiring for my pair of legs.

We met quite many familiar faces among the crowd… from present and ex - *little pals to some colleagues. I think the feeling is kind of interesting. I mean the crowd was significant (just look at the news coverage later tonight) and yet we are able to bump into one another. What’s that probability? Mm...


~ ~ THE CROWD . THE CROWD ~ ~

It was meant to be a 10 km walk, but I’m quite sure we covered much more than that. We were talking and walking for another 45 mins or so (after crossing the finishing line) just to visit a particular stall we have in mind, for lunch. Yummy! We like it.

Mentally I feel quite refresh now! Physically.. erm… What’s that strange feeling I have got on my right leg? Weak man… I was practically limping on my way, walking back home.

On such a fine Sunday, instead of idling at home, we had decided to sweat-it-out and gave our tummy a yummy treat. I think it was a pretty cool idea.

- - - - - -

1 In order to be punctual, I woke up at 5:30am okay. Erm.. The early-birdie timing is the main reason why FC and LS back out.

2 We can tell the competitors apart by the different coloured number tags.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

有一个人去应征工作,随手将走廊上的纸张屑捡起来,放进了垃圾桶,被路过的口试官看到了,因此他得到了这份工作。

原来获得赏识很简单,养成好习惯就可以了。

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh!!! i also want to go big walk.. turn out no one want to go wif me liao.. zzzsob sob~~

Anonymous said...

muz b fun rite? i will go nxt yr. if there is a chance!!

Anonymous said...

Oh hi..
Not bad actually.
We were walking on big main busy roads at town areas, normally travelled by cars. Haha.. Something we will not be able to do in usual time.
Just turn up. You may be surprised to meet people you know.
Actually, we can walk any time. But it's kind of interesting to walk with so many people for quite long. The goal-in-mind was one (fun) thing. But I think the journey itself was more magical. We chatted for how ever long we walked. :)