Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Didn’t Know I’d Made Her Cry

I am so bad. I really didn’t know I’d made C cry, once upon a time. I happened to be chatting with her CT. I made a remark as to how much she has progressed lately. Her CT contributed C’s progress to her determined nature and her courage to ask. Her CT related an incident where she even encouraged C’s classmates to learn from C. It was then, C told her CT about one of her consultation experiences with me.

C told her CT that during one of the consultation sessions in the early part of the year, I seemed to be at the brim of “bursting” for the kind of questions she asked. She was so scared. The session was no too long. She went back home and cried pretty badly.

Upon hearing this, I went quite numb. A little shiver went up my spine too, I guess. Aiyah.. Felt quite bad lah. It must be quite traumatizing for her.

Her CT continued that the next day, she came to ask for a consultation session again. I think I vaguely remember that now. I also recalled that she even had a little problem sketching a general straight line when I first met her last year. She persisted on and made reasonable progress till the end of her year one and made it to year 2 this year. Especially lately, we met for consultation pretty often and I can see that she is progressing pretty well, topping the class occasionally, but she could be at the other end of the spectrum occasionally also.

At the beginning of the year.. erm.. perhaps I wasn’t feeling right myself then. I was … mm…
I never have the intention to hurt anyone. I’ve always hope the learning experiences/journeys of my *little pals could be enjoyable and in years to come, they may recall the experiences/journeys with a tinge of sweetness. The only relief would be that this young lady is very determined and she could left that isolated incident behind and persevere on.

Me, on my side, better go and do some reflections and not to hurt anyone, even unintentionally, even when I’m down and out, even when.. mm..


~ Calm ~
A simple picture, reminding me to be calm always.
- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

善良的懦弱强化了邪恶的狠毒,
各体的自私破坏了群体的前途。
怨他人虚荣之清高者,正是渴求荣誉之痴徒。
未反诸己便思影响他人,浅陋心志凭何立足。
爱心来自我肯悔罪督促己,才有力量解万毒。

No comments: