Monday, May 22, 2006

Slow Down . Slowed Down

I am walking much slowly now. Not really out of choice, but out of circumstance. Heh.. The nerve at the back of my right knee hurts badly and I simply can't walk fast. 就是使不出『凌波微步』. Hence, I am walking slowly ( and gracefully :p ) to minimize the awkward limping in my advancement. People actually think I am just tired, as they noticed my unusual walking speed. I never walked that slowly.

I don't rush from place to place now.
I have slowed down.
And magically, I am more aware of the little details along my every journey.
I saw crack-lines on walls, taking the shape of some pictures, I had never noticed.
I noticed the stares of the tortoises (at me) in the pond whenever I walked past.
I didn't know the plants we have here actually flowered in pretty colours.
Unmistakably, that is the scent of that kind of flower.
The cob-web at that corner seemed to have suggested something. Mm
Erps.. And that is how he wears his pants.
Oh what's that I saw? A hole along the fence!
And, oh dear, how he has aged …

Along with a slowly walking speed, comes with more thinking space.
I gave thoughts to many things, many issues in just one day. Mm
Did I walk too fast in the past, and thus missing many things along the journey?
How silly I was, thinking I was helping but actually causing more hurt.
How naïve I was, thinking I could make a difference when their beliefs are already so deep-rooted.
How simple-minded I was, thinking I have changed when I am still repeatedly making the same mistake…

I don’t mind being simple-minded if I can really change for the better.
I don’t mind being naïve if I can really make a difference to anyone.
I don’t mind being silly if I can really provide assistance to people around me…


~ Caught Speeding ~
Maybe, being fast may not necessarily always lead us anywhere safely? Heh..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. u make me tink abt myself.. i once wrote in an essay.. saying i have been rushing madly here n there.. then.. i realise mayb i nd to slow down..n when i slow down.. i m able to see a lot more, understand a lot more, tolerate even more..sometimes.. its gd to slow down.. but when life dun allow.. wat we can do is try our best to balance our pace rite?

btw.. wat happen to u? mei shi ba??muz take care wo.. now weather nt v gd also..

Anonymous said...

生活节奏快,这也算环境使然。
没有办法,我们就学着适应吧。
脚步偶尔放慢,
倒是可以把事情看个端详、把事务理个究竟。
然,可惜的是,有好多人稍微有点儿时间,
反而会胡思乱想,跟周边的人斤斤计较起来。Mm...
如你说言,若能取得某种平衡,应该不错。
平衡自己的心 ...
:)

我还好,没事的。只不过是使不出『凌波微步』罢了嘛。Haha..
谢谢关心。:)