Saturday, August 12, 2006

Light Bulb & Customer Service..

I was searching for an odd-shape light bulb to replace the one that had faithfully served me since my first year in university. It is the light bulb meant for my table lamp. I used it practically everyday and each day for rather substantial amount of hours. Ha.. So long lasting! 14 years, no less. That’s the power of Germany products, I guess.

I visited the stall at “odd sequence”. I mean, I thought I could get that odd bulb in NTUC, but no. So I have to visit the kind of D.I.Y. essentials stall after my NTUC visit and with bags and bags of groceries. (NTUC stalls are generous with their plastic bags. But they don’t use big bags to put many things together. They use many small to medium size bags to put your purchased items. Therefore it is not uncommon to walk off with at less 4 to 5 bags of goods, in my case.)

Upon entering the stall, I had noted that the boss (I think he is) was busy attending to another customer and so I didn’t bug him. I looked around first. Not too long after, I had spotted that type of light bulb. What followed after that may be a simple, yet pleasant experience.

- The friendly boss came forward to explain to me, just to ensure I get the correct product.
- It may be just a light bulb, but we know pretty well bulbs give different shades/tones of light. What day-light lah, what warm white lah..
- He directed me to a corner with different light bulbs demo to appreciate the different terms used. Cool! Something, I would not have experienced in NTUC, perhaps. Heh..
- When at the cashier counter, the lady cashier (with a mega-watt smile) also made an effort to remind me that if anything is not too right about their products, I could go back to them for an exchange.
- When making payment, both the cashier and the boss noted (with wanting-to-help facial expression) how clumsy I was as I was carrying too many grocery bags. He offered a bigger bag to hold my (NTUC) stuff collectively. It was more convenient, certainly.

I think I like their sincere customer services. What they had done were not-too-difficult, but enough to strike a chord in my heart-string, affirming what I've always belief in.

Naturally...
If I need any plastic bag, where would I think of first?
If I need any light bulb in the near future, where would I think of first?

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

当你们想要说人是非时,就要想想自己的口为什么这么脏;
当你们想要批评人时,就要想想自己的口为什么这么糜烂。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

use paper bags la... haha..it is bio degradeable

serive is about going the extra mile. GEMS... guess u certainly enjoyed your day with good services ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh hi..
Mm.. Only if they use paper bags, then I support. But I wonder how paper bag can support a pack of 5-kg detergent? Haha..

I usually try by best by telling them to "squeeze" as many things as possible into one bag. Besides, if I were to visit other places to purchase anything after that, I usually refrain from taking any more bags. I will just take the stuff and dump it inside the existing plastic bag. ;)

Certainly, GEMS is so cool!