Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Little Footwear Lobang..

Birkenstock was brought into our local "sole-scene" many years ago, but only lately the brand somewhat becomes very popular here. So popular that even the sotong-me also becomes aware of it. Actually I only learnt about the brand few weeks ago. And that is because two of my friends switched their jobs and landed themselves as salespersons in one of the 4 Birkenstock branches.

I can’t believe people actually can make a living by selling sandals. 4 branches some more. Plus, the rent (I’d just learnt) for each branch is easily more than $20000 per month!!! Mm… Still, the boss is only getting richer and richer.

I checked out the sandals the other day. Kaoz.. I tell you, it’s damn expensive! Okay, you already know that. But it’s wonderfully comfortable. Haha… It’s light and fits the curvature of our sole neatly. The feel is solid. The floor grip by the sandal is also very powerful.

Aiyo.. How? I can’t imagine myself forking out more than $100 for a pair of sandals or slippers. I need a very good reason. Okay, their products are famous for its durability. I heard of cases whereby people actually wore it for more than 4 years (with extensive usage hor). Looking at the sorry state of the my current pair of 1 year-old sandals, I am somewhat convinced of the worth of the Birkenstock product. But, there is still hesitation on my side.

Hey, they are my friends working there. Wow! I think I can get at least 15% to 20% off the selling price. Hehe.. My hesitation becomes lesser now. But still… erm… What’s the problem?!

Erps.. I just learnt of another lobang to grab it, to grab them – the stocks – the Birkenstock stocks! That is purchasing them through the internet. I did a simple calculation for the model I was eyeing. It works out to be more than $40 cheaper (equivalent to about 35% discount). Free delivery* some more. Yahoo!

Ladies and gentlemen, the link to the sole : http://www.footshopping.com/

What am I waiting for? Actually, I am still “waiting”…
Okay, it’s expensive, but I can get the pair I wish for about 35% discount leh.
It’s expensive, but it’s going to last and it is super comfortable. Mm
I shall see... I shall see...
Maybe it’s high time I pamper myself a little? :P


NOTE :
That link is not set up by the local distributor. In fact, the boss is somewhat disturbed by such websites. Yes I am assuming this is not the only site. They obviously draw away many of her potential customers. Or more painfully, she might be serving walk-in customers who were there to only try out the sizes and then walk away to buy it from the internet. She has noted the trend anyway. Mm.. Unless she is willing to make her prices more competitive, or else…

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

人生有如渡重洋,
一位老渔航海的人,虽遇到惊涛骇浪,浓雾冰山,他不慌不乱不紧张,只有紧紧的握着舵掌。
如此方能渡过危险困难。

人生也是如此!
不怕考验、不怕阻挡,怕的是自己不肯追求上进。

No comments: