Monday, August 07, 2006

Talking to Doctor..

Have you ever talk to a doctor? Silly question. Of course, you do. Erm.. Recently, F visited a doctor. Upon listening (not too attentively) to F’s description of his symptoms, his illness was confirmed and prescription issued, without much examination. F felt worse after taking the issued medicine. He cast the medicine aside and just took a day off to rest and came back feeling better, knowing full-well it was because of the rest he had taken and the medicine he took had only slowed down his recovery.

You may have many of your very own experiences, giving you the feeling how easy the doctors are earning their dollars.
Headache – Panadol.
Cough – Cough Mixture.
Sore Throat – Lozenges
Infection – Anti-Biotic.
Etc..

As if, they just match symptoms with “established” medicines.
As if, if we have the “manual”, we also can be doctors, like that. Haha..
Nay, I know doctors are not just that. It is still a very respectable profession to me. I am merely saying, when we are ill, some silly thoughts do race through our brains.

Only if I am more brainy, I would have studied medicine. But.. heh.. I just know my limits.

Coming back to the topic.

I think talking to a doctor is quite a personal experience. This is especially so when you are talking to your “personal” doctor : someone you always visit when you are not feeling well so that your entire medical history is held by him. You may have shared with him the nastiest condition you are going through, hoping he can alleviate it / cure it, so that you can always present your “best” to the others.

Because of the supposedly personal exchange of personal information, I actually felt a little awkward to have a few “trainee-doctors” beside the doctor while I was talking to him. I immediately became an object of study too. At some points, I have to remove my shirt and those very young female “trainee-doctors” just swarmed near me. Haha.. I tell you, the feeling is so comical. Luckily I was not supposed to remove my pants. Oh dear! I wonder if I will defy the “order” of the doctor if I was told to do so. Thinking too much again. :p

- - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

世俗烦恼处, 要耐得下;世事纷扰处,要闲得下;
世情冷暖处, 要放得下;胸怀牵缠处,要割得下。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U can ask the dr not to have them around during the examination, you have your rights.

Anonymous said...

Oh hi. Thanks for the info.
But if everyone like that, then how will the newbies learn?
为医术而"牺牲"吧?
哈哈。。
- - -
Erm..Say say only. I think I shall still exercise my rights. :P