Friday, November 04, 2005

Highways in M'sia

Highways in M'sia.
Mind you, there are long stretches of road without lamp-posts at all. That is when we can experience moon-lit roads. Think about "moon-less" nights.. haha.. okay.. how about rainy "moon-less" nights??
However, I think I enjoy driving along these moon-lit stretches alone at late, deep nights, where cars are indeed so few.

Yes, with no lamp-post, with no head-light from other cars except mine, with just the only moon and a few stars, it can be rather dark. What's so exciting about it then? Haha.. I just like the way I am "greeted" by the neatly arranged reflectors along these supposedly dark stretches of road, on both sides.

These reflectors reflect the head-lights of the car. But only those about 100 to 200 metres in front of us will be the "active" ones, due to the way the head-lights are dipped down. Hence, there are always two reasonably long trails of reflectors reflecting lights just in front of us, leading us ahead. When the roads are meandrous, the bright trails of reflectors will follow in style as we travel along. I find this being the most lovely and even welcoming part of the journey.

I am just back from such a journey only a few hours ago.
I admit, the thought of "what if my car were to break down there and then" did went through my mind, before the journey. Ha.. the meandrous trails of reflectors must be
mesmerizing enough for me to "forget" the concern.


No comments: