Saturday, November 19, 2005

Learning Journey : Bukit Chandu - - -

Reflections at Bukit Chandu : I wonder if this is new to you. It was new to me unit today (a Saturday morning). This is a WWII interpretative centre commemorating the gallantry and sacrifice of men of the 1st and 2nd Batalion Malay Regiment who defended the western sector of Singapore in February 1942. The end of the battle there, more or less marked the beginning of the Japanese Occupation.. argg..

I'm not so much into history. But the little bit of Singapore history captured there is rather well presented, I must say. Okay, rather standard museum like stuff. But.. ha.. technology allows some fanciful display. There is a canopy walk near by. It is quite a decent long stretch of stable walk path constructed tall and high, and we were literally walking almost on the canopy. What a feeling! That stretch of walk path leads to a park. Mm.. the serenity there is unlike other park I have seen. Cool.

A simple lunch with some *little pals after which, was quite interesting too. Oh.. since no one in particular was rushing for time, I drove them around for some sight-seeing. Haha.. judging from their expression/reaction, bet they will return to those sites again. One commented, "You are so different. You drive *little pals around and have meals together." . . .
Mm
.. different meh? Don't know lah.

Since they were mostly staying around the north, I sent them back. The last one even wanted to invite me up for a cup of drink. Erm.. I don't mind actually, but I was rushing for another appointment. I got to turn down the kind invitation. Next time... next time... :)

It is supposed to be a learning journey. I should be learning more about the making of Singapore. Okay, I did. It's certainly more interesting that I've learnt to understand my *little pals better.
It was a rather tiring day, no doubt. But I think it's lovely and pretty memorable.

Silly me, should have brought my Canon A80 along. Heh..

No comments: