Saturday, November 26, 2005

My (Injured) Canon A80

My camera was on a "trip", passing from one hand to another. Aiya.. That means I lent it to my friends, one after another.

This evening, when it was finally returned to me, I was glad as I have some planned "missions" for it. But to my little little dismay, it was injured.

Just take a look at it.



Can you see the injury? Haha.. The angle is biased and the injury becomes not that obvious. Don't blame yourself if you couldn't detect it. :P
Now, let's take a look at another picture of it, taken from another "cruel" angle.



See! I can't even open up the cover to access the CF Card. Someone had dropped it hard enough such that the metal ring becomes bended and acts as a natural stopper for the cover. A faint crack line is also observed on the body frame around the base of that metal ring. Mm..

Who has dropped it? They all claimed that they didn't notice any such impact. Okay, their puzzled looks were convincing enough. I wasn't out to hunt down the culprit and/or to demand whatever, anyway. I don't have the heart to, as they are my friends. Knowing that I am such a careless person, it might be the situation that even before I passed the camera to them, the camera was already injured.

I would be lying to myself, if I say I don't feel a thing for the camera.
- It was recommended by a pal.
- Another pal bought it for me, together with his, for a "group discount".
- I took the trouble to get a decent charger for the batteries.
- It took me quite a while to get used to it and finally I somewhat did.
- It accompanied me to many journeys and capture parts of my memories, etc.

But, I really can't bring myself to blame anyone. Firstly, anyone who did it, didn't do it on purpose. Everyone can be careless. Right? Secondly, simply because they are my friends and I know them too well and have always trusted them. Material stuff.. bah!...

Come to think about it, when it comes to such material stuff, I tend to let go quite easily. Ha.. The butt-dent was another incident, wasn't it? Oh, I now recall another incident. My new car was literally dragged for about 10km, with its handbrake applied. I was not the driver, but I was in the car too. Haha.. I even finds it funny when we (the driver and me) tried to play detective to identify
- the reason for the lack of power of the car throughout the journey (got extra drag mah), and
- the source of the almost pungent smell, due to the burnt brake-pad, I supposed.


All these instances allow me to explore myself, in a way. Yes, I can't bluff through my teeth, I admit that I do feel for my "materialistic lost", but only momentarily and I hope I'm reassuring enough that I don't blame anyone. I know what matters to me more/most.

All the best everyone!
Special thanks to all readers, reading till this far. :)

No comments: