Thursday, November 24, 2005

Kent Ridge Park Revisited..

I learnt that the park I mentioned a few days ago is known as Kent Ridge Park. I actually returned to it tonight with a pal. I would say the view there at night is just as wonderful. The calmness felt during night time at such altitude1 was quite an experience altogether.

In the calmness of the night, we were standing at the peak of the park, feeling the touch of the fresher breeze, looking at the sea of glittering lights of the city far below. That was plain cool!

It was only on our way down from the park, I recalled an event happened so many years back in 1992. This was the very park I came as a freshman
together with so many freshies during one of the orientation programme by Sheares Hall!! We had some kind of night programmes and we were supposed to reach the peak before sunrise. Yes, we were supposed to rush there to witness sunrise as a little treat for us.

It was (is) such an interesting feeling that those fond memories flooded my mind in torrents. How could I miss this fact last Saturday?
Heh.. Of course, the park is rather big and I was at a different section last Saturday.

Believe me, the park is a great place to see sunrise. I'm sure I will be back there again, one morning, early enough to see the sunrise. :)

- - - - -
1 Kent Ridge Park must be located at a reasonable height. Right?

No comments: