Saturday, November 05, 2005

Random Recollection Series 2005/Part 8

(1) My modem has just been changed. I am just glad that I'm able to change some firewall settings of the modem myself, to allow more sensible traffic flow at some sites. Wa.. the TornadoTCP and TornadoUDP stuffs. Sounds pro right? Haha.. I played cheat one lah. Before the technician came by, I took a bit a time to print out the settings. So, I'm still the old IT-idiot me. Haiz..
Of course, still many thanks to Xiao Di for the initial introduction to the TCP and UDP. Thanks! :)

(2) I have just tried Yahoo Auctions. This is the first time I am accessing it and this is the first time I am trying to sell something online. I realized I have mixed feelings. I feel particularly good as it seems like a little IT break-through for me. The idea of even going to that site was unperceivable in the past. Heh..
At the same time, I feel not-so-comfortable. I'm pretty aware that, back in my mind, I am only trying to get rid of things I don't need, I don't want. Where's the spirit of
“己所不欲、勿施于人”? Mm.. Okay, my only selling point will be I have decided to provide free delivery to anywhere locally. See, how eager I am to get rid of the things. Heh..



(3) I had a chance to talk to Mr Y. He just flew in from TW and will be setting off the next day to M'sia. The following day, he would have to set off to another country. He has many things in his calendar and his goals are crystal clear. Mr Y is always that encouraging and inspirational. Every encounter with him is somewhat a learning experience for me.
However, a little part of our conversation left me red-faced. Mm..
Mr Y : Nanzi
啊,你上一回带来的年轻朋友还好吗?
Me : Oh, 他还好。他只是表示有一点忙。
Mr Y : 他还在当兵吧?
Me : 是的。大概还有多八、九个月的时间吧。
Mr Y : 你好会带哦。他都那么乖。
Me : 没有啦。他本来的素质就很好。不是因为我啦。
Mr Y : 下一回你看到他的话,请你帮我问候他好吗?
Me : 好啊。一定会。
- - -
This extracted bit of conversation might not make sense to all most readers. However, I wonder if anyone near me realized my face turned "lobster red".
I'm still feeling rather embarrassed. I mean I've not been a good example and frankly, I really don't know how to lead someone. Mm.. I shouldn't be despair, though. I can only strive to better myself, I think.

(4) I am really scared of politics. I heard almost first-hand how country X sent out their spies at the right time. These spies while in another country, settled down rather quickly. They even condemn talk bad about their own country, to let people lost guard of their real intent. People believe them because the bad things they talked about were well-published.
When I say "settled down", it could be just landing in a simple job like road-sweeper. They could be everywhere, just beside us. They work in teams and are pressurized to report periodically, or else!
Mm
.. (The vagueness in the content is intended.)
Oh, people around me are also beginning to suspect me now. Why? ...
I claimed that I'm a Singaporean but has never reported for Reservist. Aiyah, I don't think I'm smart enough to be a spy lah. Haha..


No comments: