Sunday, November 13, 2005

Random Recollection Series 2005/Part 10

(1) I started off using Mobil petrol. But when I switched to SPC petrol (for a practical reason), there was an initial noticeable improvement in fuel consumption for my car. But not long after, the fuel consumption when back to normal state. Recently, I made a switch back to use Mobil petrol. Again, I experienced an improvement in fuel consumption. Was it my imagination? Erm.. I just went for a full-tank-pump just now and it only further confirmed my "imagination".
My hypothesis : SPC + Mobil petrol mixture gives better mileage. Haha.. I shall observe further. If there's any interesting finding, I may write on this matter again.


(2) I have noted quite many bloggers, particularly the newer/younger ones, lamenting that their blogs have low readership. Interesting.
I am literally enjoying the low readership here. Haha.. Am I that different?
Frankly, I don't really mind anyone reading it (or leaving any comments, for that matter), since I think this is quite a public area. But I also heard that we can possibly make it less public by setting password to access our site, although I have zero idea how this could be done. Haha..
I like the idea of writing for myself. Since it's for myself, I wouldn't mind people who know me well to read it. I am thinking, if people I don't know start "pouring in", will I change the way I write, as in writing for the readers? Haha.. I still prefer the present state more. :)

(3) Rather impressed with the way J writes. Expectedly, his response to an article was published in Today today (11/11/05).

(4) I learnt that CK Contradiction is not just a brand/name of a perfume, but also the way how one of my *little pal (by the name CK) who often contradicts himself. :P

(5) For those who are a little new to Yahoo Auction, allow me to briefly describe a feature within. That is the rating feature. Every account holder starts with 0 rating. Upon a closure of a sale, we are allowed to rate our buyer and our buyer can rate us as well. A positive rating earns 1 point, a negative rating earns us -1 point. A neutral rating will be given 0 point. In a way, the points do reflect the credibility of the account holder. I'd just earn a point from the recent transaction. His comment was "responsible, mr nice guy." Shy sia :p

(6) I showed my brother the series of photos that I had taken. One fine day (just about 2 weeks ago) he approached me and suggested the "unthinkable". He said in his most casual tone, "Hey, how about we splash our bonus to buy a solid SLR camera."
Erm.. this is "unthinkable" (to me at least). I recall some months ago, he had thrown away a poorly-maintained SLR camera, without a second glance. He brought that camera in a moldy bag to me and asked, "Hey, do you think any of your friends want this? If not, I am going to throw it away." Heh.. Plus recently, he just got married (ROM-ed). Shouldn't he be thinking of saving up? I think
his hands are pretty tight also.
Haha.. that's how
潇洒 my brother is.

- - - -

Cham lah.. having quite a bad diarrhea.. mm.. hope I'm okay enough for today's lunch appointment.

No comments: