Friday, November 11, 2005

My First Auction Deal ...

I had an iPod nano.

It was in my hand at around 1710h yesterday. Quite a gem indeed, it looks.
Somehow, I decided not to keep it.
Too good for me?
Ha.. rather, I don't think I need it.

The next decision was to auction it away. Okay, I mentioned this yesterday.
I submitted a deal on
Yahoo Auction at 2010h, yesterday.
The first interested bidder acted at 2231h, yesterday.
The second interested bidder bid at my requested price and closed the deal at 0314h, today!
In just slightly more than 7 hours, the deal was made. I met up with the buyer today and ...
erm.. what a smooth transaction! My wallet was immediately $350 fatter. I am simply amazed at the rate at which everything is going.

I must mention about the cool buyer I'd met today. By voice, he sounded young. We arranged to meet up but he later postponed to a later time. Over the phone, he apologized for doing so as he was determined to pay me in hard cash, but only to realize he had not enough cash to do so as he had left his ATM card with his girlfriend.
I was thinking he must be quite a cool guy to leave his ATM card with the girlfriend. Ha..

All this happened well before I met him.

At the appointed time, I saw a man walking towards me.
Erm.. I must say I have the first feeling "he cannot be the one I am meeting." But he was. He is certainly younger than me and he keeps a not-too-neatly-trim goatee. He was wearing a singlet exposing his left arm with a big green real tattoo. His left ear has not just one, but two shiny broad silver ear rings. He carried his wallet, his handphone and a pack of cigaratte in his hands. Mm.. a rather typical Ah-Beng image.

He sounded gentle over the phone. What a mismatch with this more "rougher" image. I learnt that in order to meet me on time, he had to take a cab to his girlfriend's place to get the ATM card, rushed to another place to withdraw the money, then rushed to our arranged meeting place. Wa.. when I learnt that, I said, "You needn't rush. We can always arrange another date or time." He said in a tone filled with much 江湖正义 , "No lah, since I had already agreed to meet you, it's no good to change that." Haha.. towards the end of the brief meet up, he even wanted to offer me a stick of his cigaratte. Erps.. I declined politely and playfully asked, "Your girlfriend don't mind you smoke?" He only grinned, much like wanting to ignore my question. I wasn't there to corner him and I openly acknowledged the difficulty to quit once hooked. He was nodding with agreement. Haha..

All conversations with this gentle ah-beng look alike were done in English! It was a pleasant first virtual auction experience. :)

No comments: