Sunday, February 26, 2006

Short-Lived Cheers ++

I was disturbed by loud cheers outside my room. My parents were attempting to copy down the most recent set 4D winning numbers from the TV screen. They noticed a familiar number. It was their winning number. Second price leh. Their reaction was natural, I guess. But.. erm.. The cheers were a little short-lived.

Less than 3 minutes later, my father realised he had copied the wrong set of winning numbers. The numbers he had copied were from a week ago. It was actually followed by more laughter. It was the laughter that picked me up a little and set me thinking for a while.

I was just thinking :
Have we learnt to laugh away our errors?
Or we simply choose to lament over them for ages?
Have we learnt not to commit the same error again?
Or we simply take it as our personality and live with it?

Just another note. How many people are actually so into such "buying dreams" activities (TOTO, 4D, SWEEP, SCORE & STRIKE, etc.)?

每逢周末,本岛都会看到好长的“买梦”人龙。
对错咱不必去议论
有人说是小赌娱情
哈哈。。
这『买梦』人龙里
你看不到我的足迹
非我没有志愿可达
只是建立方式不同



人生是否多姿多彩,就看我们如何上色。
往往工具齐全,只待提笔。


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:
利之一字,乃学问、人品的一片试金石。
所谓生存,不是苟活;温饱,不是奢侈;发展,更不是放纵。
不该我得、非属我有,我有何理由贪一分一毫?
不是我做、非我所成,我有何权利享一分一毫?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing our mistakes away or lamenting over them for ages?
Learning from our mistakes or living with this “personality”?
又是你的“小故事,大领悟”。

若犯大错,何能一笑而过;
但若是小误,何必自责不停?
若是有错,何能置之不理;
但若是本性,何能轻易就改?
确实值得去想一想.. =)
或许,我们全都得懂得吧?

----------------------
Just a side note:
I like many of the pictures you have on your blog. Really nice!=)

Anonymous said...

在记忆中,我可是大错不曾,小过连连。
应对方式,我唯有自惭不足,自勉上进。
人说:知错能改,善莫大焉。
哈哈。。 留此共勉。
- - - - -
The pictures? Glad someone actually likes (some of) them.Aiyo.. the nicer ones are all "koped" from elsewhere. I don't even remember the sources.:P
I also hope I can take nice pictures.
Ha.. But it has been proven quite many times that I either don't have the skills or don't have the "eye" for photo-taking. :)