Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Warmly Greeted by a Rascal

I visited JT's house. When the main gate was opened, a Jack Russell rushed through the gate, it jumped onto me. What a warm welcome I thought. I was pleasantly surprised. I even thought of extending my right hand to stroke it. I must have got the very wrong perception. When that Jack Russell was on me, the next thing it did was to open its jaws and snapped on my thigh just over my right knee (for a few times).

I wasn't scared. I didn't even retaliate or push it away. Strangely, I just let it have it ways on my thigh. No worries, I wasn't injured as I was wearing a pair of jeans. It just left a few patches of sticky saliva marks on my jeans and ... erm... a very tiny bruise. JT was near and he commanded that dog to stop. It stopped and it was reprimanded by JT, JT's sister and JT's father. They apologized profusely to me. Haha.. I don't mind, really. That dog is way too cute.

Come to think about it, I think I was the one that had broken the rule. I was still outside the gate and therefore was still considered a stranger attempting to walk into the dog's territory. I am only considered a friend of some sort, if I were to be led into the territory by its master. During the attack, I was literally outside its territory and was too near for comfort.

True enough, after I was led in by JT, and after the tongue-lashing from its masters, the dog walked towards me again. Erm.. I thought it was to be another attack. Nope. It walked over to me and licked me sheepishly this time and allowed me to stroke it. That was its way of saying sorry, I guess.

I stayed and spoke to JT's parents for a while. JT's father is really quite a speaker. He speaks well and is very well-mannered. It was a pleasant gathering.

We (JT, Ed and Me) left shortly and went for a simple lunch. We spent quite some time together to catch up with each others' life.

Rascal is the name of the Jack Russell.
JT and Ed are ex-*little pals of mine in year 2000 and 2001.
They have really grown to become young fine chaps. =)



~ ~ A Jack Russell ~ ~
It is always full of energy and is really hyper-active.
I will always remember the way it "apologized" to me, after its wrongful attack.
Does human apologize that readily?

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:
自我放下减少无畏困扰,莫让感觉的情缘毁于一旦。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a natural phobia for animals. They look so lovely but the fear of getting closer to them might haunt me in every dreamland. HaHa.

You have an interesting life too~!.

Blogging is a form of self-discovery. We learn better.

Anonymous said...

哈哈。。
我的生活本来平淡无味。
如果说它有趣、精彩,相信那是因为我的身边有好多良师、益友。
你也是其中一位。=)
再说,三人行必有吾师焉。
简单来说,只要我们肯虚心求教,每一个人都可以是我们学习的对象。
我只求此身能将此生过得充实一点。
有诸多良师、益友为伴,不难不难。哈哈。。。