Sunday, February 12, 2006

Was Attacked by Adware.BlockChecker

My system was attacked by Adware.BlockChecker since yesterday. Argg..
Spent some time just now to rectify the problem.

Actually I felt quite good for just being able to rectify the problem single-handedly. I have always considered myself for being quite an IT-idiot. A series of long IT-related instructions can "knock me off" effortlessly. I will be pretty amazed with myself when I can comprehend anything IT-related. Haha..

I was aimlessly searching and landed on this site. Cool. It's certainly very helpful.


Frankly, I never know such software exists before? But what's the use? Just to check who is blocking you in Instant Messenging Softwares? Haha.. How is such information going to help? I don't believe in it. I'm just glad I got rid of it forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This software may not be good. My friend somehow got it and now whenever she click on the person on MSN this auto message would appear which is such a disturb. it's like a virus, it's like a bug, i tried to get rid of it for her but apparently it's not successful, it came back after a day so better dont try... am I too late to say that?

Anonymous said...

Hey, the link mentioned in my post is really useful. We just got to follow the instructions within, step-by-step.
A reminder : We must start our computer in the safe mood (the link will teach u how), in order to successfully delete the problematic "subkey" and "keys".
- - -
I also don't know how I got it. My comp is sometimes not used by me alone. The problem appeared after I was away for quite awhile.
Agnoring indeed, but quite "harmless", it seems. Hehe.. but we can get rid of it! :)

Anonymous said...

That is really......
CHIM.
Any simplier options?
Must have Norton internet security izzt?