Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Blood Donation

Some people needed quite a forceful initial “push” (encouragement) for their first attempt in blood donation. They want to donate, but the blood sucking needle is just kind of too thick and it scares them away. No worries, let me assure you, the initial anaesthetic jab will do the trick. A minute or so after the anaesthetic jab, we don’t feel a thing when the thick blood sucking needle pierces through your skin, wiggles through the vein drawing your blood.

Some were turned down by the medical team due to some medical reasons / history. I think they must have felt a little disappointed. Nevertheless, I still think their attempts were beautiful.

There were inevitably some cases where the “nurses” will take a longer time finding the veins to draw out the blood.
Ha.. Today, I witnessed a multiple-poking scene just to see red flowing in the drawing tube. :P

I must say, improvement is everywhere, even in the art of drawing blood. This year, I witnessed another simple-looking gadget that can effectively and neatly take multiple samples of our blood for testing purposes. Cool!

And while waiting for my turn, I was chatting with some *little pals. I was telling them that was the best time for vampire attack.
Heh.. I must be already hallucinating even before seeing red.

~ Blood Donation ~
I believe in it.. and.. participate in it.
Just give
lah.
Just given
lor.

Just for a little laugh (Please don't be too serious with the pictures below) :



- - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

晚饭后,母亲和女儿一块儿洗碗盘,父亲和儿子在客客厅看电视。
突然,厨房里传来打破盘子的响声,然后一片沉寂…
儿子望著他父亲,说道:「一定是妈妈打破的。」
「你怎么知道?」
「她没有骂人。」

我们习惯以不同的标准来看人看己,以致往往是责人以严,待己以宽。

No comments: