Monday, April 24, 2006

Warming Effect

I am going to talk about Geography. Nay.. I’m kidding.

The class asked, “Where is your birthday?”

“Oh, it’s over already.” That being always my standard reply.

Some echoed, “Huh? Over already? Aiyah… ”

I continued, “Of course lah, I’m so old. My birthdays were over for 3x times already.”

One of them persisted, “Haha.. Tell us leh . So that we can bake a vegetarian cake1
for you.”

I pretended that I didn’t hear the last statement. However, I can’t deny that the last statement did have some kind of warming effect to my heart. :)

I think their thought was kind of sweet. Don’t you think so? But, no thanks, I don’t want them to waste time on that, for their time is too precious.

~ Simple Words Can Warm Our Hearts ~
Perhaps, we could be more generous in our use of kind words and appreciation for each other. Be it on the receiving-end or on the giving-end, the feeling is just as great.

- - - - -

1
By the way, cakes are vegetarian in generally, if we take diary products. Silly me, just self-imposed a non-egg policy for myself some years back. And these little pals know about it, after I rejected their kind offers of cakes on numerous occasions when they celebrated each others’ birthdays.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

人莫不爱子,何不以爱子之心侍其父?
人莫不爱妻,何不以爱妻之心侍其母?
子何以顺,亲何以逆?
愿天下儿女以一分爱子之心顺其亲;
女何以爱,媳何以虐?
愿天下公婆以三分爱女之心爱其媳。

No comments: