Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Simple Trip to Malacca

Malacca has a rather rich historical past. I’m not going to talk about that, I don’t know how.

I don’t think we can expect many gorgeous buildings and breath-taking nature sights in Malacca, yet the pretty laid-back feel is already quite a draw to me. You don’t feel worried, the atmosphere is just so relaxed, there’s nothing to rush for. Just strolling around, looking, seeing, chatting and absorbing the atmosphere is cool enough. On this note, I am thinking certainly the company makes a great difference.

Oh sure, Malacca does possess certain rustic charm. However, I can see many development plans are on the way. How much rustic charm can they “preserve”?

There were just so many Singaporean vehicles along the narrow streets of Malacca. I think it was because of the (long) weekend. And of course, it made me think of the possibility of driving down the next time, instead of taking bus.
Heh.. We do play a significant part in pushing their economy.

Some pictures to share :


A part of a room meant for 9 of us.
It works out to be less than $25 per person, per night.
Breakfast provided.
Cheap right?!





Jonker Walk by Night and by Day
Get a feel of how tourist-focused it can be. Nevertheless, quite happening, in fact.




This famous ice chendol is unbeatable.
*Drooling*




St. Paul’s Church
The ruins left behind. This church has a commanding view of Malacca.




What is this to you? Fish balls?
It is the chicken rice balls.
It is pretty famous. The queue is so long during lunch time. I gave it a pass though.

A few more photos here.
My focus wasn’t on photo-taking. What you see here is only a small fraction of what I have in my mind. ;-)

Thanks everyone for making the experience so simple, yet enjoyable and memorable.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

对于人生、宇宙要有一个透彻的了解,要先了解人生是无常,来去都无常。

No comments: