Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Getting Exciting..

Teaching some really bright students can be really exciting.

Try imagining a few of them coming to you and question about the questions two / three tutorials ahead. They were not asking about how to do question 1, but they ask how to do the last few questions (when questions are usually arranged in increasing order of difficulty).

I see sparks of intelligence surrounding them.
Heh..

I don’t remember myself to be that good before. Never. I mean, I admit I have quite a
feeling for the subject I am teaching. But I am often just at the pace determined by my tutors and was never really ahead of them. And occasionally, I may even slip behind a little.

Ha.. It’s certainly a humbling experience for me. It really feels great to see promising young *little pals around.

Coincidentally, I was sharing with JM the other day. I told him it is better for us to always assume that other people are better than us, so that we can always learn something from them. JM cleverly summarized it as “humility”.

~ Highflier : Flying High ~
Some people are destined to be highfliers, I guess. I do admire their abilities. Let's hope besides the mental faculty, they are equally well-developed in their EQ and can contribute to the society wholesomely.

I must clarify. I enjoy "teaching" anyone, not just only the bright ones. Yes, please, you are not left out. Haha.. What's being "bright" anyway? Besides, I often really learn from you, during the so-called "teaching". Yes, I am learning from you too. In brief, "teaching" is exciting, as "teaching" and "learning" often come together.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

一个会观察自己的人,必然见到自己的美与丑。
会勉励自己的人,必然见到自己的是与非。
会反省自己的人,必然见到自己的对与错。
美与丑不是形相的美丑,真正的美,是心灵、良心上的美;
真正的丑,是不知己过,此乃丑。

No comments: