Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Needle-&-Thread and Some Firsts . .

Just yesterday,
- I have noted a button on one of pants had fallen off.
- I have noted a split in the seam of one of my favourite shirt.
- A piece of cloth (for hand-drying purpose) needed a fabric loop to be sewn on as that it could be hooked up.

No worries..
I didn’t run to my mum or my sis to get them fixed.
I picked up a needle and some thread and get them fixed all by myself.
I am not particularly good at it (of course), but it seems to work.

Actually, those weren’t my first attempt.
My first major attempt was a few years back, when I suddenly think my printer needed a dust-cover. Mm.. I was bored enough (or was it courageous enough) to hand-sew one for it. I am still using that cover now. Okay, I am also looking at it now. Haha..

I don’t know why, with zero prior training at all, I just needle-and-thread my way through. I tell you the outcomes were not too bad. No pictures here hor, in case they contradicts what I wrote here. :P

I also remember the first time I had decided to cut my own hair. I just went to a shop, bought a clipper, chose a time when there wasn’t anyone at home to "kajiao" me, next I just proceeded to clip and cut my hair away. No one knows I cut it myself, until I told them so. Again, it wasn’t perfect, but it seemed to work. Of course, the experience gave me more courage to try many more times when I have the time and don’t mind clearing the mess after the cut.

It may seem I am quite impulsive. But.. As I begin to understand myself, I realize maybe I am not being impulsive. I have actually noted, well before I began all my first attempts, I already had a series of photographic mental pictures as to what I should do. Strange.

Same goes to my first roller-blading, tennis or badminton games. I mean I wasn’t particular good, but no one believed that those were my first times. I was actually watching the games for quite sometime, imagining I was playing and very physically involved, before I actually gave my first tries. This, they might not know.

I think the brain can be quite a powerful tool. I have yet to harness all its capabilities, of course.

- - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

有个小弟在脚踏车店当学徒,有人送来一部故障的脚踏車,小弟除了将车修好,还把车子整理的漂亮如新,其他学徒笑他多此一举。

后来雇主将脚踏车领回去的第二天,小弟被挖角到那位雇主的公司上班。

原来出人头地很简单,吃点亏就可以了。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need someone... who knows about home economics ;) =p

Anonymous said...

Erps.. I've got what you mean.
But even when that someone is found, I don't mind doing all these for me, for her. ;p