Friday, April 07, 2006

An Unexpected Visitor

In the midst of the lecture, I noticed one student packed up and he got up gently, slowly walked up the stairs and exited the lecture venue. I looked at him. He looked so unfamiliar. He couldn’t be one of my *little pals. I conveniently assumed that he could be one of the new PRC students who are supposed to join us for a few months.

My concentration wasn’t on him actually. I was told, not too long after his exit, he re-entered the lecture venue again. He quietly chose the same seat and was nodding with agreement while listening to my lesson. In fact, he made a few trips in and out of the lecture venue. I must be so engrossed in the lesson to have missed him. I only noted at certain points in time, there were slight, unusual commotion in the lecture venue. I wasn’t sharp enough to identify that he was the source. I actually got a little self-conscious and the silly thought of “did I zip up properly” crossed my mind. I sat down quickly and checked discretely. Okay leh. Never mind, the lesson went on.

What I learnt later from my colleagues was a little saddening.

(1) This guy is a JC1 student. I am teaching JC2. See the contradiction? When approached by W who happened to be in the same lecture venue, to explain his numerous entrances and exits, he only apologized profusely and said he was going to the bookshop to purchase the notes as so to attend my lecture. Mm.. His reaction only stunned W.

(2) Once, this guy “erupted” his emotion in the LT (in the midst of a lesson), explaining aloud to the ones next to him, why he just went to the toilet, why he wasn’t a nuisance and that he didn’t mess up the toilet, etc.

(3) Once, he was walking about in the library basement, talking pretty aloud to himself for quite sometime. That only got his CT (a rather young lady teacher) panic and ran for assistance.

(4) Once (at least), while using one of the urinals in a crowded toilet (that means, all the urinals were occupied), he blatantly turned his head to the left, tilted his body towards a little bit more, and stared at the .. erm.. “member” of the guy next to him. As if such was not enough, he did the same thing to the guy to his right. Of course, that made the two guys (J and B… I happened to know both of them) very angry. J and B questioned him pretty loudly, “Ooi!
你看什么看?
He was agitated and challenged J and B to a fight and even threatened to snip their.. erm.. “member” away using a pair of scissors.

Yes, all his actions (reactions) were abnormal (I hope you don’t find them normal). This guy needs treatment (badly). Why is he here? He should be recuperating somewhere. I am not looking down on him or not being accomodating, please. I mean on one hand he is scaring many people around him. On the other hand, I don’t think the teachers and his fellow mates know how to deal with him professionally enough. The JC1 curriculum has only went on for about a month. In time to come, the pressure of study would definitely affect his conditions negatively, wouldn’t it?

For his own good, my shallow mind thinks that he needs rest, professional treatment and recuperate somewhere.



好像会有什么不好的事情就快发生似的。
是我过于敏感吗?
BLESS HIM

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

有个小孩很想当天使,上帝给他们一人一个烛台,叫他们要保持光亮,
结果一天两天过去了,上帝都没来,所有小孩已不再擦拭那烛台。

有一天上帝突然造访,每个人的烛台都蒙上厚厚的灰尘,
只有一个小孩大家都叫他笨小孩,因为上帝没来,他也每天都擦拭,结果这个笨小孩成了天使。

原来当天使很简单,只要实实在在去做就可以了。

No comments: