Saturday, April 01, 2006

Reading Travel Guides

Reading travel guides can be real fun. In this area, I think most people would be familiar with the "big" names like









and so on..

Oh, the “smaller” name like
Signpost Guide (Thomas Cook Publication) is also not too bad.

At present, Insight Guides appeal to me most as they are usually not too thick (which implies more concise writing and description) and they are always generously splashed with quality photographs for us to
drool over.

If time allows, it’s always good to check them all out, for their emphases / recommendations can be different.

I find reading such guides fun. Particularly the hard copies, for I don’t really fancy facing the computer monitor for too long. Maybe because I am anticipating a get-away to become a reality. The more I read, the more “real” it becomes. Come this December, if I am still alive... travel : I would if I could.
Ha.. There are plans! Thanks W for asking me along.

Side Note :
I realize Malaysia does have many great places. I find the islands and beaches, especially those at the eastern coastline of West Malaysia particularly charming. Maybe because it is facing the South China Sea. Our very own Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal can also bring us to some of these places. Oh, and how could I forget about Mount Kinabalu in Sabah?! One of these days.. sure.. sure.. I will set foot in some of these places for a brief get-away.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

转念也是很重要的,它是破除一切烦恼的良方,『能转念,万事皆圆满』,
一念转来,何其自在!一念转来,海阔天空。
任何挫折、考验、打击都是帮助你成长的助力。

人家把你绊倒了,你要感谢他,因为他要训练你具有更健壮的双腿;
人家把你遗弃了,你要感谢他,他是帮你早点独立的恩人;
人家不断的给你压力,你要感谢他,他是希望你快点成长的益友;
人家不断的给你挫折、打击,你要感谢他,他是培养你挫折忍受力的良师。

No comments: