Thursday, August 25, 2005

Butt- Dent

Oh yes, there's a dent on my car now. It was caused by a butt and so I call it a butt-dent. Heh..
If the butt-dent is on the seat of the car.. oh.. that's natural.
No! The above-mentioned butt-dent is on the bonnet of my car. Hahaha.. still can laugh ah.

There was a photo-taking session this afternoon.
During the fun-shot, everyone was first nicely arranged. At the very last moment, a dear *little pal shouted, “wait wait wait.”
He came right in front of the car, back-facing it, with a little jump, he landed pretty hard on top of the bonnet with his butt. A dull “pop” was heard.. and erm.. oh, should I also mention, when he slid down, another dull “pop” was heard too. Much like what goes down must come up. Haha..

A : "I'm sorry."
Me : "It's okay. Give me your dad's contact number." ...

A : "I thought it should be able to withstand... "
Me : "Okay.. next time, just don't get a Mazda." ...

He apologized profusely and I don't want to make him feel bad also la. In fact, I was laughing throughout our conversation. Besides, I know the action of his was not a deliberate one.

Fact 1 : I can't undo the act. (Anyway, it was an unintentional one.)
Fact 2 : The dent is not very obvious, due to the colour of the car perhaps. (It is only visible at certain special angles.)
Fact 3 : I can choose how I want to react. (He jumped on my car. I can jump on him. Nay.. I chose to stay calm.)
Fact 4 : He already feels bad. (I can't bear to make him feel worse.)
Fact 5 : The law of impermanence nature of every mortal thing prevails. Hahaha..

Aiya.. actually, I wasn't really thinking so much when the event happened. It just happened and I didn't want to spoil the fun-element then.
Here, I'm just giving myself more reasons that I need not be too unhappy about it.
Strangely, many colleagues and other *little pals who had witnessed (or heard about) the event seemed to feel the pain more than me. :P

No comments: