Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Maternal Instinct

I was out for the entire night and I came back home at round 7am on the first day of the lunar new year. A little surprised that my mum had already woke up and was preparing some dishes.

Me : Why you wake up so early?
Mum : To cook lor.
Me : Orh..

Erm.. I didn't feel anything special at the moment. I was a little tired and was getting ready to "hit the sack". I walked away.
My mum, thinking that I was still around, continued (but I could still hear her of course)..

Mum : If not when we all go out to bai nian later, it is not easy for you all to find food.

I was speechless.

True. Many (if not all) vegetarian stalls will not be opened for the first two days of the lunar new year. Only the restaurants are opened. And if I go out for any bai nian activities, I will practically eat nothing. I don't take much of the new year goodies also.

But, I don't mind actually. It's obvious that I have "reserve" mah. :p
I can go without food for long hours. I just need something to drink.

I walked back to the kitchen and said...
Me : Wa! Thank you.
Yes, I was rather touched by the demonstration of the caring maternal instinct. That meal tasted especially nice.

~ ~ Maternal Instinct ~ ~
We may only have an impermanence existence on earth. Yet, certain things are simply priceless.

At the same time I was thinking :
How could I assist Xiao Di, making it easier for him as well? Haiz..
I know he has grown. But..
Haiz.. I may only "irk" him further, if I were to try..
How things have changed and how time flies... mm...


- - - - - - - - - -



我听过有人这么说:
你们如果有一天真的成熟了,你们真的能够体会了,那就是你们长大的时候了。你看看一个小孩子他要到什么时候,才能够体会父母的苦心?是不是他也为人父母啊?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just how much our Daddy and Mummy have done for us, without us realising...

"I walked back to the kitchen and said...
Me : Wa! Thank you."
Haha, I can imagine the surge of happiness in your Mummmy when you said that... So heartwarming... =)

We Love Daddy and Mummy...
(^-^)

Anonymous said...

什么时候才能体会父母的苦心?...

我本身觉得:
其实,每个人在成长的过程中,
就会一点一滴地在了解父母的苦心。

体会,可能没有一个固定的时候吧?
懂得体会,或许更须懂得珍惜...

Jun Jie said...

Oo, i'm also quite. . (very) actually, attached to my mum too ; )

Like to hold her arm and squeeze like my bolster
;p Sayang sayang ^___^

Okie, i sound like some blabla complex but i'm not. Tian Xia de Ma Ma Always The Best =)

nanzi said...

Fly :
同意你的论调。谢谢!=)
不过,我也想再换个角度谈谈。
我总认为若是一个人他真正『懂得体会』,他一定『懂得珍惜』。
换言之,挂在嘴边的『懂得体会』,就不一定『懂得珍惜』了。
我就以一个简单的实例来加以阐述。
我有一友,她也算孝顺的了。她的老妈子脚比较没有力,她时常还得背或扶着老妈子步行。不过看不惯、听不惯的总还是会跟老妈子顶几句。
等到她怀了孕、生了子、亲身体验养儿育女的辛苦,她才大悟母亲的伟大。她说,她再也不敢跟老妈子顶嘴了,她只有唯命是从。
哈哈...
如你所说『体会』或许没有一个固定的时候,可是它应该会随着我们的成长而会有层次上的分别。我只是学习发表。我也不知道。

Jun Jie :
Cool! Keep it this way. =)

Anonymous said...

Impressive. You almost brought me to tears as well. What mothers do to their children are indeed wonderful~!
Repay them by being more obedient old man =P

Anonymous said...

-Za|- :
哇! 我觉得你好孝顺哦。=)
有人曾经告诉我孝顺可以(勉强)分为三种。
一者、适亲。即是让父母过的安逸、舒适。
再者、顺亲。即是顺从父母的指示、指导、交待。一切吩咐,唯命是从。
三者、拔亲。即是自修且引导父母同修,依循一条光明大道,好让其在百岁年后能往生天界。
- - - -
Aiyo..
我讲多了。上学咯。