Monday, October 17, 2005

Downed with Sickness..

My throat is unbelievably inflamed.
The doctor : "Wa.. your throat is inflamed. You don't feel anything?"
The thought that ran through my mind : “Huh? In flame? Oh, inflamed.”
That was my mental state at that moment. No worries, I’m not breathing fire like a dragon yet. Ha.. the doctor was a little surprised that I didn’t come down with a fever.

My nose is runny.
Still, I fail running.

My head is kind of spinning.
Wonder if the spin is in sync with the rotation/revolution of the planet earth.

My foot-steps are somewhat floating.
I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky.

Seen a doctor @ Silver Cross, in the morning.
Silver Cross seems rather well-established but does not allow booking of appointment. That’s bad. Their medication is effective for me.. haiz.. but the wait can be quite bad, and can make me feeling more sick. Ha.. since booking is not allowed.. erm.. I called in to ask about the “queue-length” first before I went down. Just got to work around the problem. :P

MC is given but simply ignored.
I still
- went to work,
- drove to Queenstown area to attend a 3-hr course,
- give a lift to some colleagues,
- (in short) went on life as usual lah.

Naughty, sure I'm. Maybe my nature of work is not at all physically demanding. Can take it lah

I admit, the feeling of lethargy is real.
No worries, I took the medicine timely and I’m drinking plenty of H20.
I’m monitoring. I won’t push myself too hard till I collapse. There’s still a long journey awaiting me.
The concern shown by family, colleagues, friends and *little pals (in however little ways) are certainly much appreciated.

No comments: