Thursday, October 13, 2005

Random Recollection Series 2005/Part 3

(1) A few days ago, many of us were resting near a field. One commented in a rather agitated manner, "Wa.. today, here got many mosquito hor?" At the same time, he was furiously flapping his thigh with both his palms to chase away the mozzies. But I went, "Huh? Where?" A while later, I was with another company. A few guys were also commenting, "So many mosquitoes today!" Erm... but I don't see or feel any mozzie around me leh. I think I am "mozzie-resistant". :p The truth may be I am "山巴" enough. Oh I mean I lived in a kampung before (for more than 10 years) and kampung-people are supposed to be more "mozzie-resistant". I don't like mozzies too.



(2) During an usual consultation session, one *little pal blurted, "I hope there is an earth-quake in Singapore tomorrow ." I didn't blame her. I corrected her with a rather firm and understanding tone. I think she was also rather taken aback why she had said that. She is plainly stressed and was thinking of ways and means to delay the examination. Ha.. strange thought when one is so so stressed.

(3) I was having my dinner at a hawker centre
yesterday. I would like to share a little event I observed.
A mother was sick and clearly had no appetite to eat anything. She was there to accompany her husband and daughter for dinner. The mother asked the daughter what she wanted to eat while the daughter was comfortably seated and was reading a book. The order was placed and the mother walked off to buy dinner for her daughter. Please remember that the mother was sick and the daughter is already a P6 kid. In a while, the dinner was bought and brought to the daughter. It wasn't what she wanted as what she
originally wanted was sold out and the mother bought a bowl of porridge for her instead. The daughter stirred the porridge and decided that's not for her and left it aside, without eating a bit of it. The daughter continue to read her book and they waited for the father to finish his dinner. When they left, the bowl of porridge was practically and literally untouched. Mm... silly daughter, never experience hunger before ah?! Okay, she obviously looked well-fed, but that kind of attitude is... argg...

(4) I asked a P6 kid, which Secondary School she would like to choose. Without much thought, she said, "Anderson Sec Sch." When asked why, she added, "Because during P4, my teacher told us ASS is good." Apparently, many of her classmates are interested to go to ASS. The fact remains, the P6 girl don't even know where ASS exactly is. Mm.. wa.. (that) teacher can be so inspirational.

(5) I just learnt from BL that FU was all along trying to match-make me with this lady YN. But during the recent contacts where both FU and YN were around, FU observed that I don't have any action or reaction or any form of "special" expression when I was with YN and so she gave up the idea of even trying. Haha.. according to BL, FU said "
哎哟,这个 XX 都没有动静,看来是没有什么希望了 ". Kao!.. I was under observation??!! Actually, all along I am rather impressed with YN. So when BL told me that, I was.. erm... aiya.. FU should have tried harder :P .. Haha.. but on second thought, she is really too good for me. mm... Hahaha.. finds it funny.

No comments: