Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Brother's ROM

My brother got registered for marriage this evening.
Wishing you Happiness Always, brother. :)
It's certainly a joyous occasion.

I think my parents feel more proud now, finally. They were being quizzed for so many years (by friends and relatives alike) as to why their daughter and sons (me included) are still single. Haha.. my father even resorted to such reply like "What to do? All of them too ugly leh. Nobody wants lor."


Okay, now all their foci shall be solely on me. I can't pull a diverting stunt (to divert their attention on me, on such issue) anymore.

Brother did all the planning all by himself and he quietly did so. I think he is on quite a tight budget. He didn't even engage a professional photographer. I thought all was planned. At the very last minute, he asked me to be his photographer for the day. Huh? But... aiyo.. me? How can? Mm.. if only JJ is freer, maybe I can request him to help out. I just got to make do with it ba. I don't feel good to say "no" to him also. *Cold sweat. I don't wish to spoil the "hard copy of their lovely memory" leh.

The Ceremony :
The ceremony was simple, but solemn. The couple looked so inexperience and a little nervous. Haha.. but being inexperience/nervous in such context, of course is the cutest, nicest. :P
I witnessed such ceremony before, but this evening was really different for me. Gosh! I was the only photographer. But brother said another person will be there to reinforce. Where got??!
I requested the only assistant around as to where I could stand. Wa.. I was the king man, I could go and stood anywhere I fancy. I chose a spot just beside the person conducting the ceremony. What do we call him? Oh, let's call him MC.
I was so near to the MC that I was totally absorbed by his words throughout the course of the brief ceremony. This is the first time I feel it being so touching. I recalled there were several instances I actually forgotten my role (as a photographer) and was actually listening to him rather attentively.
It was also a very strange experience. My brother's name differs from mine by just the last character. Hence, when the MC announced my brother's name, I felt that his ceremony was 2/3 my ceremony. Hahaha..
This is especially so when he announced, "May I now pronounce Mr S.. P... K.. and ... ". I was laughing inside. I was trying to capture some shots at that moment and I can't really stablize the camera.. haha..

The Dinner :
Just glad that he made a special effort to arrange what I need. Simple, but fine.
It was another friends and relatives gathering.

The Photos
:
Erps.. no trace that they were taken by professional. Haha.. I have yet to develop or process them. I shall try to photoshop them with the limited, pathetic photoshopping-skill I have to salvage the damage done. Hope they will not be too disappointed. This process may take me some time. If I gather enough courage, I may share the link with you all to access some of the processed photos.

In general, ROM / Wedding.. ha.. sweet sweet sweet.
I actually feel like having one myself too. Silly me. Hahaha..

No comments: