Sunday, October 09, 2005

Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus

OJJ, a fellow female colleague was relating how strange her boyfriend was. Her boyfriend actually went for a day-surgery without informing any of his family members. OJJ was also not informed how serious it can be until she decided to fetch him back. The original plan maybe that his boyfriend was to go back by himself.

NPH was listening, he added, "I would have done alike." I was there too and I said, "I had done the same." She was stunned and she said, "Don't you think when you wake up from your operation, you want to see your loved ones beside?"
There are indeed differences in approaches. =)

For my case, I didn't even have the intention to tell anyone at first. But I wasn't intending to lie about it either. I was just taking it rather casually. It was only a day-surgery, I thought. In the end, JJ knew about it as we happened to go out a few days just before my surgery and on the appointed day of my surgery itself, he was supposed to go back to college to receive some kind of awards. I would like to be there clapping for him, ha.. so I think I need to give him the reason for my absence.

There was another instant where a female friend confided in me. I can sense how vexed she was. I gathered enough courage, used all my knowledge and/or wisdom to guide her, telling her exactly how to do, what to do. It turned out to be a failure on my side. But my answers were standard, almost perfect like
Hermione's style in Harry Potter!

The reason : she is just as knowledgeable. My standard answers were not needed. I learnt that when she chose to confide in someone, what she wanted was just a listening ear and to have someone to empathise with her. She didn't want to talk to me for quite some time after that.

Guys? We want the solutions for quick fixes, most of the time, and then putting the problems aside and to move on.

The conclusion :
Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus.
I am over-generalizing, I know. :)

No comments: