Thursday, October 20, 2005

Random Recollection Series 2005/Part 5

(1) I have so many *little pals. It comes to my attention that I'm not as close to every single one of them. Some practically lost contact immediately after they had graduated. Some are still in contact pretty frequently even after years they had graduated. I give a thought to it as to why this is so.
I realized something. These are the people whom I had gone through hours and hours of consultation with. In other words, we went through the difficult times together and that's when the (strong) bonding really took place, I think.
Heh.. why I even think of this? My current *little pals just went through their P. Examination. I must say at the end of it, we magically knew each other so much better.
In short, bonding takes time. However, if an effort were to be made to come together to pursuit a common goal (just like to clear the P. Examination), the catalytic effect will be there.

(2) A conversation :
Aunty A : So you are a vegetarian?
Me : Yeah.
Aunty A : For how long?
Me : Oh.. erm.. (counting in my head) wa.. ten years liao.
Aunty A : No wonder. No wonder your facial complexion is so good.
Me : Huh?
Aunty A : Really. Reallyyyyy... (she dragged the last vowel)
- - - - -
This is not the first time a member of the opposite sex says something like that to me. Actually my facial complexion isn't that great. But I do notice under slightly dimmer light, it does seem to glow slightly red. Together with my slightly oily texture, it can have a tinge of glossy healthy pink. Heh.. the play of lights.
Btw, the link between vegetarianism and good facial complexion may be there, but need not be a strong one. I believe we have seen many people with stunning facial complexion, but they are not vegetarian.

(3) Today (20/10/05) is a little special to me. I went for my RT session as usual today. There was a test planned for today's session. If I were to pass the test, I can be excused for the subsequent extra two weeks' training. I thought of giving up. Reasons?
- I have never passed running for so many years. I can't even recall how many.
- I have yet to recover from my illness (a little feverish, a little flu and an inflamed throat suppressed by antibiotics).
What the heck. At the eleventh hour, I decided to give it a go. And yes, you may have guessed it. I passed (running included). I maintained my previous results for 2 stations and actually improved for the remaining 3 stations. I wonder where I gathered such energy? I was (still am) supposed to be not feeling well. Heh.. The last (most tiring) round of running was actually done in 1 min and 45 sec. That might sound nothing to most of you, but I choose to give a pat on my own shoulder. Perhaps, there was nothing holding me back. Collapse, collapse lah. Mm..

No comments: