Friday, January 13, 2006

Am I Different?

There were many sudden changes and instructions lately in the working environment. It wasn't the way it should be. It shows haphazard planning and demonstrates inefficiency.

A fellow colleague was observing how I dealt with them (these sudden changes and instructions, that affects my fellow colleagues and most importantly my *little pals). Okay, all agreed that the changes/instructions are silly and unnecessary and I was supposed to "act on them". I was unexpected composed throughout, as implied by him. He smiled and commented, "You are different. If these were to happen last year, you would have gone down to hammer them hard." (Figuratively, of course.)

Oh dear, I was that "un-cool" in the past? Oh well.. To his comment, I smiled and replied, "Oh, I am under-going image upgrading."

True enough, in the past, when there were clashes in the planning by the management, affecting either my colleagues within the department or affecting my *little pals, I hardly took it in the low profile. I spoke not for myself, but for my fellow colleagues and/or my *little pals. Some people in the management were clearly uneasy and didn't take it quite well, for I was that harsh. Heh..

Perhaps, I have mellowed down quite a bit. Perhaps, that should be the way.


The same thing, when spoken differently can have a totally different effect. I would suggest speaking it "softly".

- - - - - - - - - -



曾经听过有人这么说:『理直要气和;得理要饶人。』

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. ur image upgrading. i actually tot tt u matured. 以前是热血青年,现在会深思熟虑。这样很好啊。现在应该是学会了接受,然后,去调整。well it actually benefit pple who r willing to accept and adjust. in the past u have tons of passion n want to benefit others. now... its not tt u dun have passion, but then, u learnt to accept n find a way to it.. isnt tt better? hmmm... i also wish i can b like tt.. haha..

:)

Anonymous said...

Haha... Actually I still don't really "accept" many of the plans and decisions by the management. I thought they could be much better.
However, I have really learnt to "accept" that we are all humans afterall,
that we could err at times,
that we could be selfish at certain moments,
that we could have fleeting power-hunger thoughts,
that we could be not sensitive enough to fellow pals, and so on..
- - -
Oh, my passion is certainly still "burning".. LOL.
Really trying to remind myself
『理直要气和;得理要饶人。』

Let's work towards to become a better person. :)
加油!:)

Anonymous said...

yes, lets 加油to b a better person! heez~~

suddenly tot of a song lyric,
"when u feel like hope is gone, look inside you n be strong, and u'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you"

haha..

^^