Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Warmest Greeting ...

In the new year, many greetings were exchanged, in person or through technologies. I received one that warmed my heart the most.
(Please understand that I appreciate very much all greetings that I have received. It could be just a simple sms, an email, a hand shake. Some even wanted to offer a hug. Ha.. erm.... I don't think I am ready for that. But this one, yes, this one meant quite a lot to me.)

The words used were simple. To be more exact, the words were
"Thanks. And a happy new year to u too. God bless and best wishes for the year ahead."

You may be puzzled. Heh..
Of course, you and I (certainly) had also received plenty greetings with higher "literacy" level or with greater "creative" sense. Then why am I feeling so different with this particular greeting?

The reason is plainly because it is from him.

In March 2005, I hurt him. I hurt his wife too. In fact, the couple was sent flying off from their seats (literally so) from a knock delivered by my car.

A brief recollection :

They were both on (just) a motorbike on that fateful day. I was on my way to collect a birthday cake for my department at around 7:30pm, after dinner. His motorbike and my M323 "came together" physically and most unfavourably. My M323 became like.. erm.. as in the following picture after the contact.


~ ~ My Downed Mazda 323 ~ ~
Some of the black "marks" seen above were actually deep cuts.


You can only try to imagine what harm I had done to his motorcycle and to them (physically). After which, I spent some time in the police station and in the hospital. The only relief was that they only received out-patient treatment. His wife's condition even had a little complication occurring a few months later. Haiz..

We lost contact for a while. I still feel quite bad.

I actually gathered enough courage on 31 December 2005 to sent them a well-wishing message for the new year. He replied (quite soon), "Thanks. And a happy new year to u too. God bless and best wishes for the year ahead."

The relief of being somewhat being "forgiven" to some extent, is .. erm.. indescribable. Bless them.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:
为什么要等待别人给你爱,你才知道爱?
为什么要等待别人包容你,你才要学包容?
为什么要等待别人有所改变,你才要改变?
为什么要等待别人给你恩惠,你才甘愿施与恩惠?
为什么要等待别人叫你去做,你才懂得怎么做?
为什么你总是在等待中生存?
为什么要在等待中抱怨一切?
为什么你不用等待别人教你玩,你就知道怎么玩?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

直到现在,我才真正的了解“这件事”。

每一份礼、每一个祝福,
价值往往在于那份心意、那份情意。
我也似乎能感受到,
这短短的简讯背后所蕴藏的一股勇气、一份接受...

心结,须慢慢解开。
靠的是:一份真心。

相信这祝福是个美丽的开始。=)

nanzi said...

- Fly - :
首先,谢谢你的关心。
我只能说这件事或许让我自责、内疚,
可是还不至于让我郁闷、难眠、润眸 。(那么久... 那么久... )

那一件事...

一般上的说法是时间能冲淡,
可是我怎么却觉得日以加剧;
一般上的说法是说我放不下,
然而我只是深觉得非常可惜。

事情的来龙去脉 我始终对人绝口不提。
只因事到如今 我还没有机会当面说明。
我的一份真心 我相信他也是不容置疑。
可是关怀方式不当 难免导致反感会起。

咳...
对他 我还是有好深的一种歉意。
毕竟看到他的不乐 乃非我所愿。
对我 我唯有不断的自我来勉励。
还有也无时挂念着 如何挽僵局。

咳...
世事本难料。
由衷
祝福你
祝福他、她、它。

Anonymous said...

说时间能冲淡
需要多长的时间?
说放不下,
需要如何放下?

一般的说法,
其实无疑是“完美”的方法。
但,人并非完美。
又怎么以“完美”的方式,
编织“完美”的人生故事、“完美”的心情呢?

有很多很多事,
不是说时间一过便能冲淡、能放下。
而是随着时间让人习惯、接受或慢慢改善。
不是吗?
在你慢慢改善彼此之间的关系时,
他和她其实也在接受你这朋友的关心。

记得听你说过:应该以“完美”为目标。
大家就一起向“完美”而努力吧! =)
加油加油。

nanzi said...

- Fly - :
谢谢你的时间与分享。

我的想法是单纯的…
我真不想他有任何不悦与挣扎。
仍然继续默默给予祝福和期盼。
Mm..
我真的少了一点领导才华。
- - -
在我内心深处,
不管局面如何,
他永远是我一生的朋友。