Friday, January 20, 2006

They Quarrel :(

I was asked, "What would you do when two of your friends quarrel?"
Mm.. I smelled something was quite wrong. I did not probe further for the details, as I thought the other party felt not too comfortable talking about it. If he wanted to tell me the details, he wouldn’t have kept his question so generic, I supposed.

Anyway, I later learnt by chance what happened and I actually know the two quarrelling parties. Haiz.. They were both my *little pals. I did notice they behaved a bit differently lately, but I didn't know their clashes at all. I even asked one why he looked so drained. He brushed off as just being tired. Quarrel between them : this is never in my imagination, really.

They were like best of friends for so long and now their differences got into the way somewhat. They refused to give in and yet both were noticeably hurt. One can be regarded as rather hot-tempered at times (someone said), the other is unmatched in stubbornness (someone claimed).

Much like when charcoal and fire-starter put together, nothing may happen. However, when ignited … Aiyo! Someone regarded that (the clash) as “volcanic eruption”.

Okay, back to the question.
What would I do? Mm.. Or rather what can I do? Not many people like to talk about such thing to another party. Some may choose not to talk about it at all. I have to respect that, I guess. But what if they want to talk about it?

I left them a message.. erm.. something like.. :

诸位小弟们听我一言。
其中一定有些误会、一点情绪。
我们各让一步好了。
朋友嘛。况且还兄弟一场。一起来互相体谅。对错暂且不论,拿出你们的潇洒与度量、握手言和是好汉。
我期盼。
And at the same time, letting them know if they want to talk about it, I am most willing to lend a listening ear.

Only wish they can be as good as before.
Cheers ~




~ ~ CONFRONTATION ~ ~
Is it due to their differences?
Is it just because they are not in the right mood?
At times, a quarrel can bring about a better understanding of each other, and when they reconcile again, the bond can actually become stronger.


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

不会才要学习,会了还要再求上进。
每个过程,我没有资格去批评人,但我有全力来改变自己;
我无法决定他人的命运,但我有责任来渡化。
每个生命,都是由共同的滋养而生长、共同的协助而生存。

No comments: