Monday, January 16, 2006

Quite a Different Song (to Me)


What kind of song will particularly impress you?
I like it to be melodious.
The lyrics will certainly play a significant part too.


I have a particular song for so long. Well it is a nice song, but I wasn't mindful of what I was listening to while the song was playing, in the past. But recently, by some random process, that song resurfaced while I was in my car. And amazingly, for the first time, I know what I was listening to. I mean it was for the first time, I took notice of the lyrics. I think I like it.

I picked up the lyrics just by listening. Taken out of its original context, did some changes and here we have (a portion of the edited lyrics) :

I hope that I won't be that wrong anymore.
Maybe I've learned this time.
I hope that I find what I'm reaching for, the way that it is in my mind.

Someday I'll get over it.
And I'll live to see it all through.
Still I'll always miss ...

But I won't let it change me, not if I can.
I'd rather believe in love.
And give it away as much as I can, to those that I'm fondest of.


Heh.. Maybe you find it too plain. But this is not just another song (to me) this time round.

Maybe I have done many things which I think are right, but turned out dreadfully wrong. Hence the first paragraph cast quite a deep impression on me.

Maybe I just need to get on. I have other dreams to fulfill, to reach for. Whatever had happened, however pleasant or unpleasant, becomes an experience and still will be missed somewhat. I just like the second paragraph.

Maybe I have experienced a little emotional setback. Not much, just a little. But that shouldn't change me, or change my believe in love. Love in the broadest sense, please. Still, to give without expecting any return. A bonus if it is returned in kind. I'm rather touched by the simple third paragraph. mm..

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:
如果一个人能真正惜取与人相交集时的每一份缘,
那他就不会在意对方的缺点,
不会受对方影响。
人与人交集时需要随缘,
如果太过执著现在的交集,
就会受它所困。

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

teacher, wat song is tis? i want to noe leh. the song.. is actually , to me, v v meaningful.. n encouranging.. haha...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rain!
This is also a song I like. Mm...
It is already in your "mail bag". :)
Hope it can make you stronger.
~ Cheers ~

Anonymous said...

haha~~ i saw it le.. 谢谢..:)

u noe.. now as i read ur 每日一悟,i suddenly felt tt.. wat really matters is whether u noe how to 珍惜。如果懂得珍惜任何一件事物,如果懂得接受,那么,其实,我们可以获得的会更多。要有宽宏大量, 去接受好的还有不好的。接受了,我们才会有更大的视野吧。。

那首歌,很好听哦!!
哈哈。。。

Anonymous said...

Rain :
你能有一番体悟,我也觉得欣慰。:o)
实说,这些“每日一悟”,对我而言有如“天籁”。借着它们,反复思索,往往我也明了许多人、事、物。
:o)

Anonymous said...

哈哈。会不会觉得,“每日一悟”好像有点难做到?我自己本身,会时常想着,我应该怎样。会反省。可是,要办到还需要时间吧。如果,每一天,都会反省每天所作的一切,就好像放一面镜子在我们的面前,相信,我们会变得更好吧?我总觉得,做人很难。很复杂。哈哈。还是,是我把一切复杂化了?
:P

Anonymous said...

曾子的"吾日三省吾身":为人谋而不忠乎?与朋友交而不信乎?传不习乎?..
相信大家不会觉得陌生。
- - —
我大言:“反省”本来就是人生必修之课。
哈哈。。。
只要我们深信其中,逐步渐进也无妨。
一夜达成者,自古没听多少。:)

Anonymous said...

一夜达成者,就不是人了!
应该只有仙,才有这种本事吧?=)

我们这些世人,还是慢慢地学习吧... =)