Wednesday, September 27, 2006

After Viewing a Simple Clip..

Here is a “powerful” statement on Al Jazeera television.
The woman is Wafa Sultan, an Arab-American psychologist from Los Angeles.
I would suggest watching it ASAP because I don't know how long the link will be active.
http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=nu

I just find her (the speaker) quite amazing to be that firm to discuss something so sensitive.

However, I don’t think I agree with everything she uttered, yet I can quite understand why she felt/feels that way. She sounded learnt, but I somewhat feels she was somehow misled to a certain degree. But who am I to contradict a psychologist? Heh..

I still believe that Islam is a peaceful religion, just that some extremists interpret some texts in a rather fatal way.

It was quoted :
The Prophet of Islam said : “I was ordered to fight the people until they believe in Allah and His Messenger.”
Oh dear…
So do we really see the word “fight” suggesting the physical “fighting” some extremists are used to? I don’t. I choose to see it in a more figurative manner. The path to take to lead someone to see THE WAY, to walk THE WAY is tough. It is tough both for the one who lead and the other being led. There are constant “fightings” or “internal struggles” with oneself, trying and learning to align our thoughts and actions to be in line with THE WAY. At times we “fell down”, it takes much courage to stand up again and continue in THE WAY. This is “fighting”. When someone whom you are leading gives up, you continue to try and encourage him, always thinking of more effective means to lead him to see THE LIGHT. This to me, is also “fighting”.

讲的是永不言败的精神。
似乎也道尽:行道的过程虽然会很辛苦,但是内心依然很甘愿。


Erm.. Actually, we are not even talking about the original text. We are discussing over some translated works. We know full well, translated works lost many shades of the true intended meaning. Haha..

- - - - - - - - - -



代数原理:

人 = 吃饭 + 睡觉 + 上班 + 玩,
猪 = 吃饭 + 睡觉,
代入: 人 = 猪 + 上班 + 玩,
即: 人 - 玩 = 猪 + 上班.
结论: 不懂玩的人 = 会上班的猪!

No comments: