Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sound Policy?

The frame of an old pair of my spectacles broke into half. It is the pair that I have been wearing since Dec 2002. Mm.. I like the pair very much for many different reasons. And strangely, for replacement purpose, I somewhat feel that I am also making an effort not to get back the similar design. Contradicing? Yes.. but.. erm..

Anyway, some time back, I got a cash voucher that I could use in Optic Point. I thought this voucher certainly comes in handy this time. I could get a $100 direct cash rebate with that cash voucher. That’s cool, many people might think.

Maybe I approached the wrong branch. Heh.. It has about 12 branches, sounds like a pretty big group. But the collection of design at the branch I went to was simply pathetic.

Okay, fine, went come to design, different things appeal to different people. The shop assistant (optician?) was not pushy, which is a good thing. But he wasn’t very helpful also. I was only looking for something very simple, erm.. so I don’t really mind looking around myself. It is a really small store anyway.

Finally, I picked a very simple one and asked for a quotation if I were to get the lenses done there too. He was prompt. Di-Ti-Di.. A neat number surfaced from the calculator and he showed it to me. Mm.. What?! Such a simple looking pair of spectacle can cost $180 (after discount)! That is to say, the original cost is $280.
黑店 lor.

I was frank to express :

老板这个价钱那里有便宜?
扣到来还不是跟别处的价钱相当。似乎还有一点偏高呢。

His reply was more interesting :
对啊。我们的价钱是跟别处差不多啦。
我们提供这个现金礼券是要吸引顾客先进来参观。

I was thinking (to myself) :
参观什么?货色又不齐全。
打折后的价钱也只不过是与别处相当。好受骗哦。

Erm.. Anyway, we’ve all learnt to be polite and so I politely said “我回去考虑一下吧。谢谢。”.
I know I will not be stepping in again. Mm.. Nothing against the stall or the optician, just find the company’s policy a little weird / not that truthful.



一副眼镜岂是单纯的助视器?
它也是一种简单的装饰物品。
已经戴上心爱眼镜的人儿啊,
是否真的有将这世界看清楚?
是否真的就因此而亮丽起来?

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

因为你们做不到不逾矩,所以不可以随心所欲。
程度不够而要随心所欲,随后就会走入旁门左道。
迷真逐妄,术流动静有什么好?
奇奇怪怪、真不象真、假不象假,把自己的心放在邪魔歪道上,有好处吗?
变来变去,能变得出天理良心吗?
变东变西,能变得出孝悌忠信吗?

No comments: