Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Short Note : Animal Documentaries..

From watching animal documentaries, we gather more awareness of animals (and their behaviour), and along the way (I think) we somehow also cultivate more respect for animals.

We see that they feel, they respond, they crave for attention/affection, they protect their kinds, they care for their youngs, they long for safety environment, and so on.

Fine. Seemingly, they react based more on instinct and based lesser on rationale. However, we are sure that’s not so much of their “choices” as their brains are not as developed to process more complicated (rationalizing) issues.

I have always enjoyed an episode or two such documentaries now and then. When I viewed it with my folks, I often heard them saying..

Wa.. This is so cute.
Aiyo.. Animals also can be like that.
How they managed to get those beautiful shoots? They are so clever.
Nanzi, come, come and see this.” (When I happened to just leave the TV set for a while, and they’d caught something too exciting on the screen that they hoped I didn’t miss it.)
and so on…

I wonder if I am right to say this : I see human in animals.
(Sometimes, we see animal in humans. Erps.. )

I believe I am right to say this : The sudden death of Steve Irwin is a great lost not just to Australia, but also to the world for he had taught us so much about animals.



~ Bowing Flamingo ~
I wonder how you would want to interpret this picture? Never mind. For the moment, I wish to interpret as bowing in respect for the great guy. The guy, Steven Irwin, who taught us animals need to be respected, environment needs to be protected.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

上天
赐给你们黑暗,便是赐给你们有点灯的荣耀。
赐给你们困厄,便是让你们有升华的机会。

是以圣贤
将绊脚石化作垫脚石,
将危机化为生机,
将悲观改为乐观,
将失望转为希望。

No comments: