Monday, September 18, 2006

Random Tale Spinning : 我们明理吗?

Before I rest, let me spin a tale.

There was a talk.
Date : xx/xx/xx
Time : xxxxh to yyyyh
Topic : Filial Piety.

The speaker is very famous and hence the audience was a big orderly crowd. X signed up for the course and he was there punctual. Just like the other, he was very attentive and was pretty impressed with the speaker throughout the talk.

X is the subject that I am going to talk about. Okay, a little bit more information about this man, X. He is a middle-aged man and he has a son Y and he lives with his elderly father, F. Wow. That’s a typical 三代同堂.

During the talk, it was noticed that
X was feverishly copying notes (of what the nice and appropriate stuffs the speaker had mentioned). Occasionally, he was talking to himself (and obviously he didn’t mind being heard). At least once, he said, “If boy-boy Y is here to listen to this, how nice! He will then know what’s filial piety is and he will be appreciating me more.”

Apparently,
X and Y don’t get along very well. It seems like they can’t communicate meaningfully. So I believe he was copying down the notes so that he could deliver a separate one-to-one lecture to his Y? Haha..

Frankly, he did just that. When he was finally back at home, he couldn’t wait a little longer and dragged brought
Y in front of him and lectured him on the materials he had just learnt. He was demanding Y what Y should/must do as a son and he re-iterated how great parents are.

Little did he know, while he was lecturing
Y, father F was just nearby listening. F merely shook his head with disappointment. For so many years, F and X hardly talk. And if they occasionally do, X only got louder and louder and F only got softer and softer. Mm

Did
X see himself as a son to F?

Okay my silly tale ends here.

What am I taking about?

『道理』 是给自己受用的,
而不是拿来以教条似的来压迫别人的。
如果 X 先生是标准孝子的话,相信儿子 Y 也会自然的学起来。

『道理』 我们也许听多了,
难道这就表示我们是明理的人吗?想想看。
明理的人会把所谓的 『道理』 实践出来。
明理的人更能体会 『言教』 不如 『身教』 的道理。
X 先生的 『言教』 好象还不错。他的 『身教』 呢?

明理的人
懂得换个角度、设身处地为他人着想。
明理的人
心中没有埋怨、只有包容。
X 先生他 ……

哈哈。。别说他了。

Just look at ourselves. Do we see shadows of Mr X in us (in our actions and thoughts)? Haha.. I got to admit, I do. I am merely reminding myself (not to be like X) while I am writing this.

No comments: