Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Didn’t know..

There are so many things I didn’t know. I was told some small things and maybe I shall just put a little record here for remembrance sake.

(a) There is actually a particular store at Katong Shopping Centre (at level 2) devoting itself selling (only) karaoke VCDs and DVDs. I had never seen such a big collection, ranging from real oldies to very contemporaries. Not that I need them. But if someone were to ask, I know where to lead them to.

(b) I am a SingTel subscribe for so long. But only very recently, I learnt that http://www.ideas.singtel.com/ allows us (if you are a singTel Mobile subscriber, I guess) to sent SMS to up to 10 multiple parties. Not just that, and more..
- Recipients can be SingTel Mobile, SingTel Fixed Line, SingTel Paging, M1, StarHub or overseas mobile customers.
- Local SMS sent are part of FREE monthly bundled SMS for applicable price plans.
- Our mobile number will be displayed as the sender.
Oh well, I find this a little useful for sending long messages perhaps. Typing messages using a standard keyboard is still easier for me.

(c) I looked angry and scary, even though I meant to be just a little stern. On my way to the library, I knocked into M. I asked him if he still has any questions to clarify.

He remarked after slight hesitation, “Actually yes, but I don’t dare to consult you.”

He didn’t quite look into my eyes when he said that. My heart sank a little.

Just yesterday late afternoon, we sat down for quiet a long while going through his queries one by one. As time went by, instead of energy waning on my side, I noticed my voice became more packed with power. My tone getting more stern, my eyes blinked less frequent. Was I staring hard at him? I felt that he had not really done enough on his part and the kind of questions he asked quite scary, too fundamental, results that are shouting out loud from lecture notes and tutorials only if he bothers to flip through them.

My intended message was just to let him know that he should do better than that so that subsequent consultations with any tutors can be more fruitful. Yes, he hasn’t got the basics right. But I have forgotten he is rather weak in this subject matter. If he can get the basics right by himself, he wouldn’t be labelled weak and scored that kind of score.

What’s my purpose/duty in the first place? Mm

Looking that he was still carrying a volume of mathematics preliminary examination questions, I asked him to be seated and went through a few more questions with him, till he voluntarily said he had no more to clarify. After which, I gave him some directions with a gentler tone. I saw him smiling a little and that brought a little consolation on my side.

Is it because I was simply too tired after many rounds of consultations before I met him? Heh.. I know I can do better than that lor.
Is it because I wasn’t feeling that well yesterday? Heh..
Fine. The flu bug seemed to have attacked me mildly. What an excuse?
Is it because I am not his tutor? Heh.. That’s so lame. This is never an issue for me. I know him well enough anyway.

In any case, I hope I can be more patient with everyone. I hope he will continue to consult (any tutors or peers) whenever in doubt.

There will always be things I will never know, or things which I think I know but sadly only at such a superficial level. Ha.. Anyway, we need not know everything. However, I will always be glad to listen to things which you think I should know. I will be most glad that I can learn from your telling/sharing.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

自古的英雄,他们认为这样做是对的,只要是对的,
就会下定决心,将它完成。

讲义气,不管是赴汤蹈火,不管是上刀山下油锅,
一定要完成心中的理想,达到目标,在所不辞


No comments: