Sunday, September 10, 2006

“Home Coming” Dinner..

The entire college members were there last night. We have to. Erps.. Sound so not-right. Okay, I was glad to be there.

It’s always a good thing to catch up with the *little-pals. Some are happily
1 struggling in the universities and some are already merrily1 working. Not to forget, I also met up with quite many colleagues who had left the college, but still returned to join us for the night.
[1
: This will be my wish for them if it does not already represent the current state.]

It’s commendable of them to come and hence directly contribute significantly to the fund-raising effort.

The dinner was pretty fine. And of course, when seated with people we are comfortable with, the conversations were more lively, more interesting. Hehe..

Oh, it was not just a dinner. There were unveiling of our new structure, some displays of our
achievements and many items on sales. The items on sales include giraffe soft toy, college t-shirt, college tie, anniversary book, etc. Frankly, I am pretty agreeable with the unveiling event and the displays of achievements, but I’m still quite uncomfortable with the idea of the sales of items during such an event. Ha.. Maybe I simply just lack fore-sight as the various teams did bring in some sales. Looking at how far behind we are from our target, it’s not too surprising that the management’s strategies can only become more and more aggressive.

There were also some stage performance items toward the end. I was approached to present an item also. Difficult to say no. I was so nervous since a day before. Despite an effort to memorize the lyrics throughout the entire afternoon on that day, the mind was near a complete blank when I was on stage. Haha.. Alright, as least I didn’t faint. Must be the power of support given by fellow colleagues and the *little pals around. Thanks! Anyway, the dear technical support forgot to mute the original singer’s vocal and I ended up very much like singing duet with a super star. Haha

当晚还是农历闰七月。
所以,我可以说是唱过七月歌台了。哈哈。

I am still very amazed by the other performers. They were so natural on stage. I happened to be talking to R who is quite a performer himself. He was there too. He knew I was nervous, but he assured me that usually such nervousness can push one to perform better. Mm.. Ha.. But it's too suffocating for me (.. cold and sweaty palms, more frequent restroom-rushes, increased rate of heart-beat, choky feeling in the throat, more unnatural deep breathing, and so on..). So, I think I shall remain a "bathroom singer". :p


~ ~ 天下无不散之宴席 ~ ~
Eventually we parted.
When will I be seeing them again?
Sure, come tomorrow, I will be seeing many fellow colleagues.
Hope that the ex-colleagues and *little pals will continue to do well.
It’s always good to see them all well and fine.

- - - - - - - - - - - -




庄子云:

“我本不愿生,忽然生于世;我本不愿死,忽然死期至。”

No comments: