Monday, August 22, 2005

Birthday

It’s just another day, I thought. I mean I don’t usually celebrate it or even talk about it. However, many well-wishes streamed in making the day rather ‘special’ for me. It’s kind of sweet to learn that people bother to remember the a-bit-special day of ours. A few whom I hardly contacted for quite some time actually specially initiate the contact today. Wow! :)

I really enjoyed the good company, appreciate the well-wishes, and a few special meal arrangements by some close pals.

Thanks to ALL. I am grateful. The experience only motivates me to be a better person, hoping I can “serve” ALL, better in the (near) future.

- - -

Have we wonder, many saints and the enlightened ones have more than one “birthday”?

We celebrate their mortal birth (the day they were born physically by their mothers). We are living in a mortal world and so the significance of this day seems more apparent to many. Be grateful to our mothers.

We celebrate their spiritual birth (the day they were initiated into the cultivation path). We know many felt pretty much re-born at that stage. From there onwards, their life could take a drastic turn (a turn for the better). They began to progress and humbly guided people along. Certainly that was a day worth remembering and celebrating.
Be grateful to our spiritual masters.

We celebrate their Nirvana (the day they attained enlightenment). Ha.. need I elaborate more here? Haha..

- - -

I am merely trying to see birthday in a slightly different perspective. :)

Wish all beings..

Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Soul
&
Happy BirthdayS :)

No comments: