Monday, August 15, 2005

A "Naive" Question?

The atmosphere was light and a *little pal asked me,
"Sir, do you know what is 'W-T-F'? So-and-so actually wrote
that on his biology answer scripts and when returned, there was a big red circle around it, plus a big question mark beside it."
(The 'culprit' claimed it was accidental & unintentional. Oh well... )

*Ahem.. there were ladies around, and they pretended nothing was heard.

Ha.. I said, "Certainly! It stands for 'Want To Find'. In Mathematical Induction, we often say we want to find or show Pk+1 is also true."
The reply drew more laughters, even among the ladies who were simply amazed how 'naive'/'creative' I am. Am I? :P

By the way, this version of interpretation for the abbreviation is not original. I think someone 'taught' me more than 2 years ago. I'm quite sure the idea came from another *little pal, but I
really can't recall who actually. Ha..

No comments: