Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Of Barium & Of Sodium..

I (with rather serious facial expression) asked some *little pals, “what do we get when we react 1 mole of barium with 2 moles of sodium?”
It really set some thinking.
“Metals don’t react with each other”, said the quicker ones,
somewhat protesting .
Mm… this caught me by surprise. Cannot lose face ah.
After a while, I retorted, “possibly yes, under suitable solvent.” (mm.. someone smoking leh.. haha..)
When pressed for the name of that ‘suitable solvent’, I said, “the suitable solvent is.. (pausing a while).. humour.”
Haha.. then they realized it was just a crappy question.

Anyway, the suggested answer is BANANA.
Need I explain?
Barium = Ba
Sodium = Na
So we get Ba-Na-Na. In short, “BANANA”.

Okay, I was recycling old joke (erm.. if we want to call it a joke). In any case, this crappy Q&A never fail to draw some laughters everytime, every year.

I think human in general welcomes humour. Oh well, there are many kinds of humour. Learn many, but use appropriately.

I just like to see people happy. I will feel happier if I can make someone unhappy (or just moody) to become happy (or just feeling better). I know there’s such a limit of what I can do.

We can always try to make things better. =)

No comments: