Tuesday, August 09, 2005

ND Celebration @ Yishun

I was part of the ND Celebration @ Yishun.

It is really not my usual practice to celebrate National Day. I feel like going down to at least take a look, just because many of my current *little pals were participating as NDP motivators at Yishun and some ex-*little pals were participating in the actual main parade, etc.


I went down, alone (my usual practice). It’s certainly very nice to be with friends, but I’m just as comfortable being alone. Besides, it’s public holiday. I always have this perception that my friends would have programmes planned with their better halves, loved ones, friends, etc.. and I usually don’t initiate (no matter how I wish to meet him or her, no matter how badly I miss a person). That’s how passive I can be. Ha.. what a perfect recipe for remaining as a bachelor.

Surprisingly, I bumped into another *little pal (this one was not participating as motivator) just a few minutes after I reached the place (I had not even orientate myself right), and we ‘stucked’ together till everything ends. Interestingly, I don’t even teach this *little pal before but we literally talked through the good part of the evening. We must be really talkative (okay, we are just being articulative.. haha.. )

I’m really glad to meet many of my *little pals there and caught them in actions. They were very much surprised (pleasantly) to see me there. Haha.. it was all written on their faces. That was the moment I can see how enthusiastic they can be, about something. Ha.. I will never be able to witness that kind of enthusiasm of theirs if I were to remain in a classroom context. Simply lovely.

The fireworks. No joke, I was barely about 20 metres away from the firing points. That was the nearest anyone can be. Why? Hey, I was just at the makeshift fencing around the firing points. The magical feeling of witnessing the firework so near, I shall just leave it to your own imagination (much because I lack the writing skills to express it rightly). Anyway, I can feel the vibration of the explosion, the sprays of colourful, almost dancing sparks seemed to be just within reach against the dark black sky. Frankly, at that moment, a thought crossed my mind : How lovely, if I can hold someone dear at that time. Haha.. I’m imagining, of course. Anyway, the silly thought faded off just as fast as the colourful sparks changed into white burnt-smelling smoke. Silly me. :)

The Mobile Column. Ha.. I was just 2 to 3 metres away from it. Wa.. it looked pretty much like a show-off thingy. Nevertheless, I just relaxed and enjoyed the pride beaming from the servicemen’s faces.

It might be better if I had brought my camera along. But again, bringing one might be distracting for me. The mental impression I had tonight was pretty impactful. So do I really need a camera? Haha..

A side note :
We left the place with good memories in our mind.
Guess what's left on the once fresh green open field?
Litters & litters ...
Haiz...

No comments: