Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Delicious Day ...

Would anyone describe his "day" as being "delicious"?
Oh well, I do admit that the two words don't really come together in usual English writing.
I had a lunch appointment and a dinner appointment on the same day (i.e. today).
During lunch, one of the best Chinese Zi Cha was served ; during dinner, one of the best steamboat in town was presented. Yummie..
When all energies are now channeled to digest the food, don't teach me about semantics or connotation. I shall insist in describing my day as being "delicious". Haha..

The food aside,
I am just glad I was with the best of companies. A rather memorable day, indeed.

Food gives comfort to our stomachs and fuels our bodies. We need a healthy body to function well. Please eat healthily.
Good company gives contentment to our hearts. We would like to have a happy heart to face the world. Please cherish the people around us and continue to make friends.
But..
What fuels our soul? ...

Life is short, mortally speaking ; life is eternal, divinely speaking. They are not contradicting, I feel.
No one objects when we say, "life is short." Our stay on earth is hardly over a hundred years, despite the fast advancement in sciences. What is a hundred years compare with the *age of our universe? We say life is short to remind us of the
impermanence nature of life. We have to cherish every moment of it to do good.

On a more spiritual view, are we really gone (into nothingness) when we leave this world? I choose to believe there is life after death. In other words, I choose to believe life is eternal in the spiritual realm. Many people know pretty much how to take care of their bodies and to build healthy relationships making their lives fulfilling (however they want to define what "fulfilling" is meant to them).
Good. :)
At the same time, please do take care of our souls.
How? Many saints had shown us the way.. :)
It's not going to be easy. (Who says it's easy anyway? Haha.. )
But we must be the hopeful ones, for they (the holy ones) never give up on us. :)

- - -

Quite a few *little pals had noted that I had become more quiet lately.
It's so true. It's because.. erm..
Thanks for their concern. I shall be able to handle it.
I'm already glad that they actually ask about it. Ha..

No comments: