Tuesday, August 09, 2005

National Day..










The Singapore flag was officially adopted on December 3, 1959.

The white crescent represents Singapore as a new nation, the five stars symbolize democracy, equality, justice, peace and progress, while white is representative of the purity and virtue of the people, and red stands for universal brotherhood.
- - -
I quite like the simple design of our national flag. Maybe because it was one of the first few flags I had learnt and that impression of what a flag ought to be like, simply sticks in my mind.

I'm not a person who understand politics. Nevertheless, I'm grateful for what S'pore has provided me these 30 + years and more to come. I'm grateful, but erm.. not as in that kind of super patriotic sense.
I like the country for just a very simple reason, this is where my home belongs, where my friends and memories are.
Happy Birthday Singapore (today being her 40th birthday), deep within I really mean..
- Happy Family,
- Happy Friendship,
- Happy Memories, for all people out there.

Haha.. I am boldly equating Singapore with our family,
our friends and our memories.
I sincerely wish Singapore to continue to prosper and grow healthily in all aspects.

Today, I feel slightly different. I know quite a few of my *little pals are directly involved in the NDP. Haha.. I know they are feeling proud and I'm just glad.

才有地;才有国;才有家;才有。。。(我们的一切)
所以,我们是否当感恩其源头呢?
哈哈。。 感谢天、感谢地、感谢阳光照耀着大地。。。

No comments: