Thursday, August 04, 2005

"Come On"... "Add Me"

A close pal and I exchanged some sms-es in the morning.
A particular message of his streamed in and it was supposed to be on a more encouraging tone with the text
"...
come on ..."

Let’s Imagine. In the morning, when our alertness has not been fully awakened and we were trying to type the text with a handphone enabled with the “dictionary-function”, and we missed typing the “space” between the two words.
(
erm.. He did just that.)

What will we get?
"...
condom ..."

No doubt the simple message was well intended, and it was purely a result by a slip of the thumbs, I can’t help but to laugh my head off.
Hahaha..

I have my fair share of such slip some months back.
Someone asked, through a sms, if he could add me in his MSN account.
I intended to reply : "...
Sure.. add me!... ".

That time, I thought I hit every button correctly on my handphone pad in my reply.
But.. the word "add" almost got me into
trouble.
Try typing the text "add" with the key stroke 2-3-3. The first match is actually "bed".
Therefore, my first welcoming message to him became : "'...
Sure.. bed me! .."
Wa.. it was only after more than 15 min that I realised the slip. I felt pretty embarrassed and I quickly corrected myself by sending a second message to him, before anyone decided to interpret the word "bed" in the verb form. What will he be thinking between my first and second reply? I wouldn't want to ask also. Hahaha..

No comments: