Monday, December 05, 2005

谈“心”

Some days ago,
-Fly- was saying
世界万物,始终还是围绕着用“心”对待.
I quite like it. However, thinking about it now, I have a little "caution".

Let's look at the word
:



Wa! Did you see what I see? Yes, the little hook (
) within the character right at the corner (). I would like to call this character 勾心. Hence, I don't think it is a good idea to “勾心”对待.
No wonder there are just so many unnecessary
勾心斗角. Haha..

Let's look at another character :




Albeit this may not be a standard chinese character, everyone will not fail to recognise that it also represents the heart. There isn't any hook or corner, it's upright and straight. I would like to call this character “直心” or “竖心”.

It's not difficult to see what I am driving at. While we remind ourselves to treat people using our heart, we ought to understand what
kind of heart we are using. If the "hooked heart" is used, we might end up hurting each other. If the "upright heart" is used, be sure we shall be rewarded. At least we still can hold our heads high and bear a clear conscience. :)

大家都是有心人。:)

No comments: