Saturday, December 31, 2005

Super Coincidence

A fellow colleague of mine (PH) is happily preparing his ROM and his new "love-nest". I shall talk about the latter.

He is very happy with the unit he has just bought.
Reasons :
a) It is big.
b) It is not at a premier area and therefore the price is not that hefty.
c) It is rather accessible by MRT.
d) It is within walking distance from his work place.
e) His wife-to-be likes it too.


Dream House
It need not be big. It can be big and cold.
It can be spartan. It can be spartan yet warm.
Hope everyone can have a Dream Home and not just a Dream House.


Anyway, our little conversation went like this (I don't remember the exact words of course) :

PH : Wa.. Buying a house is so like simple. Just sign a paper and a few hundred thousands dollars is gone.
Me : You have decided on a unit already.
PH : I'd just bought it and had signed the papers.
Me : Where is it?
PH : In Yishun area.
Me : Oh, that is nice. Which block?
PH : 7X2.

Mm.. I think I must have that kind of contemplating expression. Frankly, I was really trying to figure out where that block is in Yishun. I couldn't figure it out at that moment. And so he continues...
PH : Oh, it is very near to Khatib MRT.
Me : Wa.. That's rather near here. (We were both at our work place.)

At that moment, I saw an A4 size plan view of a unit lying on his desk.
Me : What's that? A plan view of your unit? Can I take a look?
PH : Sure. It's from HDB.
Me : Oh where's the main door? I may be so sotong and think that the window is the main door. Haha.. Oh, I got it. (I got it before he tried to show me hor. So I'm not that sotong after all.)

After glancing through the plan view for a quite...
Me : The plan view of your unit.. erm.. it looks kind of familiar to me.
PH : Really?
Me : (Still glancing at the plan view, trying to understand my strange feeling, why such sense of familiarity) Is this the original plan view of the unit? Did the previous owner make any alteration?
PH : Oh, this is the original plan view. But the previous owner has blocked one of the two entrances of the kitchen near the main door, so that the kitchen may only be access through the dining area. And... (he continues..)

At that moment. I saw something startling familiar printed at one corner of the plan view. The full address of the unit was printed there..
Me : You say the block number is 7X2?
PH : Yeah.
Me : Your unit number is #xx-344x?
PH : Yes.

Of course, if I were to look at the individual information (like 7x2, Yishun, Khatib MRT, the familiar floor plan, #xx-344x) separately, they don't really mean much. Now that I try to link everything together... erm... unbelievable.

When my head starts to auto-link all these bits and pieces of information together, I usually have a brief intense expression.

PH : What happen?
Me : I think I'd visited a unit of such at the same block, but at a different level.
PH :(He was pretty amazed.) Huh? Really? Why you go there? You are also looking for a unit for yourself?
Me : Haha.. no lah. I have a pal staying at that block. Now that I think of it, the plan view is exactly the same. No wonder I find it kind of familiar. I couldn't really recall his unit number. But looking at the plan view, you could be at one of those units directly above him.
PH : What a coincident?! (He exclaimed.)


- - - - - - - - - -

I find the experience rather interesting. I mean ... Just see how the almost unrelated bits and pieces of information, piecing together almost automatically at the brain faculty, giving startling feelings of familiarity.

This is certainly not the first time for me. Too many times, in fact.
Many things that I had seen or being told to me or that I had dreamt about or some questions that I don't understand, seem to be recorded somewhere back in my mind. The bits and pieces of information will somewhat
automatically resurface (to provide some sort of answers) when the links are provided at a later stage in time.

- - - - - - - - - -



有人说:
不要追求圣人,要追求圣人所追求的事务。
不是只会拜观音菩萨,要知道观音菩萨拜什么?
或是观音菩萨在佛教扮演什么角色?
既然拜观音菩萨,就是他的门徒,就要来实行他的志愿。
观音菩萨也绝对没有说要我们拜他。他一心就是要我们来觉悟、来发挥我们的本来佛性。

No comments: